Hi everybody, im new sorta

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dont listen to her!!! She will own it 100% !!!!

:D

Well even though im 19 i know what credit cards do to an irresponsible person plus i dont have any credit. my sister is like 18 right now and we have to share a car if we get one. so i guess i wont be doing anything to it other then driving and riding in it. she has been looking at different cars but if i say hey what about this one its usually turned down. im not one for getting a loan or anything like that anyway because of the fact that i dont have a job and im still doing college. Im not even close to being wealthy and nor is my family. we have one car for the family and my mom and dad are divorced so talking to both of them isnt very easy. my dad said he would pitch in 1.2k over 3 months as in 400 a month which will be really helpful. my sister had like 600 from graduation money but knowing my sister shes spent most of that already. really im just looking for a hunk of junk that can get me anywhere. my cousins have used some pretty bad cars and ive seen different people with hunk of junk cars. from what ive seen the hondas have all held their own for awhile even though it looked like the worst was coming. i would like to have a car like that. ill wait till after im out of college which i have like 2 semesters left and working before i get myself a honda. As of right now though i was some good ideas on a car to get that will most likely be used. Does anyone else know if there is a car other than honda that can be a good buy. i know this is a honda forum and all but this is the members section so non honda questions are allowed. so does anyone have any input on old cars they bought early on?

2004-10-16--Geo.jpg

^_^

Im going to school for computer networking, im guessing you could say network security and administering networks. It will be a good hands on computer field which i like but i may go back and try to take some programming classes so i can have that on a resume and could also go into game design later on if thats possible.

That car up there is hot. i would drive that thing everywheres. its just the sweetest car ever.

Ah, sounds like a decent plan. Does your sister go to the same school though? I'm having a hard time seeing how this one car deal for the both of you is going to work out unless your class schedules and work schedules are exactly the same, or on opposite days...

Well she is going to be going to the same college as me since she just graduated high school. She doesnt have a job right now but if we did get a job anywhere im sure we would set things up. As of right now im gonna get a job in town which is about a mile from my house maybe. ill just ride a bike there for now and go to college with her whenever we both have to go. Usually i get there early in the morning and dont leave till late in the afternoon. So she will most likely have classes while mine are going on and be there for as long as i am. Computer classes are usually really sucky since they are about 2 hours each and going all through the day at random times.

Well she is going to be going to the same college as me since she just graduated high school. She doesnt have a job right now but if we did get a job anywhere im sure we would set things up. As of right now im gonna get a job in town which is about a mile from my house maybe. ill just ride a bike there for now and go to college with her whenever we both have to go. Usually i get there early in the morning and dont leave till late in the afternoon. So she will most likely have classes while mine are going on and be there for as long as i am. Computer classes are usually really sucky since they are about 2 hours each and going all through the day at random times.

Ah, I see.

Yeah, honestly I'd probably just go with whatever she wants for right now, and spend minimal money on it. If you're going to be done with school within a year and working, then you can buy your own ride and do whatever you want with it at that point. I don't think it's worth causing drama with your sister over...

yeah thats very true, i dont like to argue with her since shes really selfish and always wants her way. I saw a honda that was a 95 i think accord. It only cost like 2993 which isnt much and should hold out pretty well but she wants something newer thats more expensive and i think its stupid to buy something thats alot more expensive if we are only going to be using it until we can afford another car.

i dunno man...let her buy what she wants..with HER money,..
just get rides to wherever you need to go taht you cant ride the bike to..
save your money and when you have enough for what you want YOU buy a car

well as i see it the car wont be totally hers though she is pitching in a bit. my dad is paying the bulk of whatever it is. I cant ride a bike to college though cause college is 30 minutes away by driving. It would be a long ride but if i get this job in town then i can totally bike it. if i get a job somewheres else then its gonna be a negotiation with my sister about whose gonna take the car when and how long we will each need it. i guess ill just wait to see what happens.

yeah thats very true, i dont like to argue with her since shes really selfish and always wants her way. I saw a honda that was a 95 i think accord. It only cost like 2993 which isnt much and should hold out pretty well but she wants something newer thats more expensive and i think its stupid to buy something thats alot more expensive if we are only going to be using it until we can afford another car.

The 94-97 Accords are nice cars. They're very reliable, and decent looking as well.

How much money is she looking to spend though? If she's looking for a compact car, her money will probably go a lot farther if she buys a domestic. You can get a 2000+ Cavalier for the same price or sometimes even cheaper then a 95ish Civic. But of course it's probably not going to be as reliable...hence the much quicker rate of depreciation...

Well as of right now my sister i think has 500 which wont get her much at all. My dad wants to send us 1.2k so that we can get a car for us both to share. Though its only coming in a span of 400 per month its still money. I dont believe my sister is gonna pay all 500 for the car. I still believe that a 94 honda was a good idea but my sister wants a car that is four doors good on gas mileage and she wants a standard but we cant even drive standard yet so that is probably out. We sorta want a small car that we can just drive to where we need to go.

So your sister's criteria for a car is:

• Four doors
  • Gets good gas mileage
  • Manual transmission
  • Small
  • Reliable
So tell me again why she doesn't want a Honda? You just described a Honda Civic to a tee...

Well i retrack that whole statement about myspace and all that. btw aleaf you can add me on myspace if you like if not thats fine.

Yeah i dont know whats up with my sister i just think she doesnt like honda cause shes a punk. I love hondas but i guess thats not enough to persuade her.

Back