HI YA from Okinawa Japan.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmJynks

hey names Jason. im a soldier stationed in Okinawa. this is my first ever Honda. and i ell in love with it. it may have a D15B 3 Stage. here are some pix for you guys to see.

DSCI0169.jpg

DSCI0168.jpg

DSCI0166.jpg

DSCI0171.jpg

DSCI0172.jpg

i hope you guys like this.

How is it over there right now? Nice looking car by the way. Any plans?

plans if i can get her back to the US. if i can then ill make her a rolling shell then get my B16A put in her with a manual trans. im only looking for 200whp not too much on the fast side. i like curves. unless you cna recomand a D Series that can make that?

id edit my post but it wont let me, sooooo

the place is fine bout to get a typhoon here on sunday. but other then that the weather is never under 50,lol.

you could turbo the d-series that is in there, and make 200whp easily. not to mention, you could see 40-50mpg. theres a guy on honda-tech that did a build in a coupe and was getting something like 50mpg on the freeway. those VTEC-E engines are perfect for the task youre presenting.

Am I sensing some RHDism? Post some interior pix...Maybe even some other similar hondas in Okinawa. Clean as$ hatch...Is it auto trans?
Where was that advertised for you to buy?

it is RHD, its a CVT not auto. it had less then 45,000 original miles on her when i got her. she is a 98. and the place i bought it is only in japan. ill see if they have a website too.

here is the website you can check, not sure what you will or may find here. its ot transerable to the US without mods.
B.C. Used Cars [Okinawa, Japan]

ill get some interior pix soon.
i love this car and i hope i can take her with me back to the US.

where in oki are you

not from anywhere that you can get parts for our cars. here in okinawa Honda isnt a popular car. no one tunes them. so im SOL for parts and engines. the only i have found was a non vtec ZC SOHC and several D15B 3 Stge and normal vtec models and the non vtec models as well. i havent see by maybe two Si coupes and 1 SiR hatch. i have gone to about 15 junk years and none of them have a single honda civic worth striping.

ok just seeing which base you were on if you wanted a hand one day are something

the big drag though is not being able to bring them back stateside when you PCS/ETS :( One reason I never got into the whole BMW/Mercedes thing when I was in Germany.

ok just seeing which base you were on if you wanted a hand one day are something

Kadena AB.

dude to have some real Honda know how would set my mind at ease. id like to have someone help me get stuff for my car but then again with a 3 Stage Vtec it makes it hard from what i have read. id love to swap maybe a ZC SOHC non VTEC in. on another orum i was looking up pros and cons to having VTEC and it seems its easier to build a non vtec.

but im still not sure what odb1 odb2 is. i have searched but i have found references but no real differences between them.

the big drag though is not being able to bring them back stateside when you PCS/ETS :( One reason I never got into the whole BMW/Mercedes thing when I was in Germany.

im working on that actually. im going to Torii this week and imma see if there is a way to bring the shell back to the US in my houseing goods. this car weighs about 2300lbs with motor and everything maybe if i was to say drop the engine and the windows and what not and take the doors off it and send it back that way. like a rolling shell. then say its a kit car.

you could turbo the d-series that is in there, and make 200whp easily. not to mention, you could see 40-50mpg. theres a guy on honda-tech that did a build in a coupe and was getting something like 50mpg on the freeway. those VTEC-E engines are perfect for the task youre presenting.

thing is i dont know what you guys mean witht he good gas mileage. i get maybe 25MPG if im lucky. im lucky to get over 350kp tank. i love this little car. also i noticed in my intro that i think my mouse had did some weird stuf and killed off most of what i wanted to say. soooo,

this car has a D15B 3 Stage VTEC. with CVT, i love the CVT because once it has reached 7000 rpm it never has to shift and it just climbs the speedometer. but other then the normal bolt ons I/E/H what else can i do? turbo isnt what i want with this.

im working on that actually. im going to Torii this week and imma see if there is a way to bring the shell back to the US in my houseing goods. this car weighs about 2300lbs with motor and everything maybe if i was to say drop the engine and the windows and what not and take the doors off it and send it back that way. like a rolling shell. then say its a kit car.

If you dismantle it you might be able to get all the pieces back, but you will never be able to legally register it.

If you dismantle it you might be able to get all the pieces back, but you will never be able to legally register it.

why legally register it? just buy a junked hatch and swap out the vin plates. and rebuild it at home. with the dash and what not from the JDM car. and if not ill figure out something. i like this car too much to just leave behind..:(

and also with the dismantle id learn everything about my car, no? but also i would have it registered as the american car with a dash swap, or i could just have it registered as a show car. nothing needed to be changed.

Last edited:
this car has a D15B 3 Stage VTEC. with CVT, i love the CVT because once it has reached 7000 rpm it never has to shift and it just climbs the speedometer. but other then the normal bolt ons I/E/H what else can i do? turbo isnt what i want with this.
I wouldn't take it up too high in rpms regularly. You're just asking for a dropped valve or something.

why legally register it? just buy a junked hatch and swap out the vin plates. and rebuild it at home.
Because that's a federal offence.

Back