High hp build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

k_mac501

Hey im new to this site and new to honda's as this is the first i have owned.

i used to have a talon that was slightly modded to 270whp... but now i have the urge for a high hp civic.

well i already know im going for full build for internals and upgrading fuel systems ect.

but what engine should i use im going for 4-500hp streetable on 94 pump gas

b18c or a b16a? these are what ive pretty much narrowed it down to.

and i can install everything my self with ecception to the build but can someone tell me what im looking at spending for the engine... im guessing around 6-8 grand but i havent priced anything out.

anyways im going to read over the forums.. thnx

well.... how much wallet?
for +/-500hp no B step over to K
.....anyone would say sleved k24 block with ITR head, jdm spec itr tranny, full race turbo kit, tein here tein there.....and (hondata/aem/you) tuned...and a roll cage in a (your car her). all the bells and whisles

but that gets expensive fast .......good luck ....lol

i'm poor

:headsmash:

lol i got money but i dopnt have 4g for an engine alone....

i think b18 but comeon guys help me put...

and whats a good engine managment system for it.

between the b16 and b18, i'd definately go with the b18. little more displacement but still very rev happy.

screw the k-series idea. too much cash, and there isn't shit for parts yet.

b18c1 all the way.

you're gonna want to get the block sleeved. look into bensons or http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com for their sleeving service.
go 84mm bore, 9.5:1 compression CP Pistons, Pauter rods

leave the head stock for now. 500 is more than obtainable on a stock head (but not on pump gas... )

then, head over to http://www.full-race.com
buy their stage 3 kit with the t3/t67
then, get an ems... uberdata/hondata/aem ems/
750-1000cc injectors
misc gauges, wideband 02
3" exhaust
quaiffe LSD

then hit the dyno with a tuner and get tuned up.

you're looking at a lot more than 6 grand though.

b18c swap = 3500
turbo kit = 4000
lsd = 900
fuel stuff = 500-1000+
dyno/tuning - 2-500
sleving - 1000
rods/pistons - 800-1000
gauges/wideband - 200-1000

it adds up quick.

b18c swap = 3500
turbo kit = 4000
lsd = 900
fuel stuff = 500-1000+
dyno/tuning - 2-500
sleving - 1000
rods/pistons - 800-1000
gauges/wideband - 200-1000

if you have the cash to spend on that set up... just save 1.5k-2.5k more and get the k....jeff at IBs sleves k series motors....youre still geting the full race turbo kit, tein here tein there.....and (hondata/aem/you) tuned... all the bells and whisles just better....i loved the AEM k turbo swaped 96 hb 500+ hp on...just my opinion

nowadays you need to be different; if you or anyone gave me money to build a car it would be a,mmmmm JDM EF 4dr civic , painted with a house of color metalic gunmetal, oem lip kit , with a turbo k swap, conversion...wild wood conversion wraped in 5 lug work wheels/azeniz combo. 98 itr spec dash/ interior....daily driver...mmmmmmmm dreams are great and free...lol

yeah the gsr is a great motor with crazy monster potential.....

Originally posted by formby@Mar 17 2005, 12:03 AM
nowadays you need to be different;
[post=474621]Quoted post[/post]​

why? so you can go around bragging that you're different?

thats fucking retarded.

you build a car with parts because it works and it will make you happy.

i'm not building a car for YOU to like or awe over--- i'm building one to enjoy beating the fuck out of on the tracks.

QUOTE:

"i'm not building a car for YOU to like or awe over--- i'm building one to enjoy beating the fuck out of on the tracks."
QUOTE:

listen i think youre mistaken. or not understanding where i'm coming from...ive always felt the need to express my self...hence be different...i dont like to follow crowds...i try to go around and follow my own path...infact i never show my engine to anyone (exept my tuner,HS) so i dont need any one to awe over it... B)

i also saw that you did not say any thing about the HUGE difference in price just the fact that i told the kid to be different.....take some time off and chill....you're response was pure demention.. :blink:

my suggestion to him was purely a sugestion..i believe that the k series be it they are a little more expensive.. drive and make great power....the sti,evo,srt4 are all 2.0+ so if I had the money I would do it....simple B)

furthermore, dont think that i'm some idiot kid that does things because its the "in" thing....because like you have shown its not a preffered swap(to you, and many others) but it doesnt make it a bad or stupid choice...i know you would rather have a fully built k hibryd over a fully built b series. for the same price......( i would)
so dont think its:" fucking retarded".....you can have your (nice) sti...i'll save for my"fucking retarded" K still spend less $$$ than you and smoke you at the same time...its just a fact....(i hope) :ph34r:
PEACe homie

take a nap :D

Originally posted by b204dr@Mar 17 2005, 10:48 AM
the only difference that matters is who is faster -!
[post=474744]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean to say that a b series motor has more power potential thaan a K?

naw, i didin't mean that personally or anything...

basically, everyone does a turbo gsr because
A- it works
B- its proven
C- it can be made very powerful within most people our age's budgets.
D- people want what works and makes power, not to be different.

The K is impractical because
A- its new, and not proven
B- parts are rare, and expensive
C- back up blocks are not cheap
D- fuel managemtn options suck (yes, even with the k-pro from hondata, the b-series still has the advantage)
E- obd2 sucks. its near impossible to run an obd1 setup k-series, which means you're fucked for emissions too.
F- if you need to express yourself and who you are through your car, you should seek professional help :p j/p

Originally posted by formby+Mar 17 2005, 11:15 AM-->
@Mar 17 2005, 10:48 AM
the only difference that matters is who is faster -!
[post=474744]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean to say that a b series motor has more power potential thaan a K?
[post=474758]Quoted post[/post]​

with currently available parts, yes, i would agree that that b-series is still the potential holder.

i will retract this statement in a couple years, for sure. but for right now, the aftermarket just isn't there yet. who knows-- it may never be either. a lot of the old school honda heads are getting further away from them... myself included. the sti, evo, srt, and so on are all taking away market share of tuners.

18 yr old kids still can't afford the upper priced cars--- but in 10 years... like the EG civic is now... they won't be 30k anymore.

if the demand isn't there for k-series parts, they simply won't be made, and researched greatly.

will it happen... i don't know. but right now, i know of about 10 people who have a k-series in their car... and thats throughout the whole internet. b-series? i'm not even going to attempt to keep track.

and the k has been out since 2002. 3 years, and not much has happened with it.

point taken....

if you need to express yourself and who you are through your car, you should seek professional help tongue.gif j/p

yeah i talk to my shrink about my love with hondas all the time....

ok a k-series engine is out of the question...

ok now say i get a gsr engine and run stage 1 full race setup... could i run say 300-350 reliably on stock internals?

but obviously i will be doing internals just not anytime soon.

Originally posted by k_mac501@Mar 17 2005, 07:48 PM
ok a k-series engine is out of the question...

ok now say i get a gsr engine and run stage 1 full race setup... could i run say 300-350 reliably on stock internals?

but obviously i will be doing internals just not anytime soon.
[post=475039]Quoted post[/post]​

If you want to save money, my vote is on the B16A hands down. Turbo that. Has just as much potential as the B18C1 and over $1000 cheaper.

:no: it doesn't.

the short stroke hurts turbo cars greatly, because it takes it longer to spool up. even boostfed's 616 whp b16 that runs low 11s was falling out of boost on every shift.. and he tached out to 9500, on a b16 tranny. which means hes dropping down to like 6500-7000 on each shift, and its still out of spool. crazy.

on the same token, my buddy tom's all motor crx with 240whp runs just about the same times. lol

the gsr is the way to go. you'll kick your self in the ass later if you do.

as for the 300-350 on stock internals, i'd say your pushing it, and frankly, doing it all backwards.

build the motor first.

there's no sense in dropping it in, putting on all the shit, running it to its limits, tearing it all apaprt/taking it off, basically re-swapping it, and than installing it all again.

Back