Honda SUT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
as the title of this thread goes, Honda has a fullsize pickup truck thats in the concept stage. its the Honda SUT and is one badass looking truck:

s4008bc9d9eb2b.jpg

s4008bc73d94fd.jpg

specs are as follows:

-uni body construction
-all aluminum high output VTEC V6 engine
-advanced 4wd system
-full size seating for 5
-bed big enough to haul Honda dirtbikes
-navigation system
-latest in Honda safety technology including Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)

overall i think this is a badass truck. more specs and pics (i believe) are here: http://concept.honda.com

I musta missed that truck...they don't do it for me anyway... that is a nice lookin truck.

Edit: I remember looki at that, lookin more at the pic the platfrom with the finest NSX ever built is to the upper right corner. :)

:eek: never thought they would shoot for that market. but like everything else makes it will beone of the best. definitly better than anyhting from the US :p

now how many rappers do you think will buy one and put twenty fo inch spinnas in it. you all know it inevitable (sp)

i like my truck beds level, thank you. with the sloping bed it looks like a giant late 80's jetta. of course, id still rock it. <_<

Dood can i swap dat n2 mah civic?

I agreee with 90 accord, those mirrors are teh ghey.

bring back the CRX please! they are never gonna compete with chevy or ford when it comes to trucks. even nissan has a huge head start. wtf is honda thinking??? they are getting gheyer and gheyer. i didnt even take any pics at the honda exhibit because there was nothing interesting there! there biggest selling point now is "cleaner burning cars" <_<

Originally posted by Sobe_Death@Jan 17 2004, 02:08 AM
dear honda:

WHY OH WHY wont you just make us a DOHC v8??  i mean cmon, everyone would want one, even that truck!

I'll go you one better...

*ahem*

Code:
Dear Honda,

I have noticed that your sales of family cars are up, and your quality keeps on improving.  This is very impressive, and what's even more impressive is the fact that you haven't been bought out by, or merged with some big name corporation like other small automobile companies have.  I would also like to thank you for giving us the '99- '00 Si coupe and the '03 Si hatch.  They're both marvelous cars for their price.  However, there is a disturbing lack of cheap fun in your line up of quality cars.  What I mean is, other manufacturers are producing cheap, fun cars that will solidly trounce the Si coupe and Si hatchback.  Of course, you have the S2000, which is an absolut engineering marvel, but sadly, it's out of the price range of many younger enthusiasts whom are the backbone of the "import craze."  They love Hondas and this is shown time and time again in the fact that 99.9% of all aftermarket parts made will fit a Civic.  The year range of cars that these parts are targeted at is aging, and with age, more things start to go wrong.  Honda, the enthusiasts want new cars.  Cheap cars.  Fun cars.  

Look at Dodge's answer- the SR4T.  They took a Neon, a car that almost nobody in the Honda community respects, and threw a huge engine at it (2.4L).  But they didn't stop there.  Oh no... they gave it a highly efficient turbo too!  This combination of existing platform + big engine + efficient turbo = a car that costs under $20,000 and will, well... out accellerate the worshipped NSX.  At a 1/4 of the cost.  Add another $6000 in suspension, brake, and wheel upgrades to the SR4T, and it will also outhandle the NSX.  Honda, that is THE definition of a cheap, fun car.

Now, I'm no auto designer, but I am an ASE Master Technician, and have been racing Hondas for almost eight years.  I consider myself a shade tree mechanical engineer in the fact that I could most likely successfully design and build a car from the ground up using existing parts (kind of like how Dodge built the SR4T).

What I propose, Honda, is to take a new approach to power production.  High revving NA motors are wonderful, but you can only go so far with a 1600cc engine in a 2400 lb. car and still make it streetable.  The direction 99% of the enthusiasts take when they get serious about big power numbers is turbocharging.  And they're getting great numbers- 350 HP out of a B16 is a major achievement, but they're doing it every day and it's becoming so commonplace that it's not really that impressive anymore, and when they build the engine right, it's as reliable as the day the B16 rolled off the showroom floor!

So Honda, after much thought, I've decided on what should be done to recrown Honda as the sport compact king.

Take an existing platform, add an existing engine, remove some of the frills and technological advancements to make it more affordable, and add a turbo.  Oh- and make it cheap and fun.

How?  It's right under your noses...

S2000 chassis with a less sphisticated suspension and driveline, and a less expensive interior, modified K24 with a turbo, five speed tranny w/ a different bellhousing to fit the K series, different sheet metal (maybe substitute steel for all that expensive aluminum), non- HID lights, ect...  Find ways to cut the cost but not the fun.  Get this car to make 300 HP, weigh under 2500 lbs., and cost no more than $22,500.  It could be done.  Don't think so?  Look at the SR4T again.  Oh, and don't forget the most important part of the sell, as well as the most lucrative- factory aftermarket parts that are AFFORDABLE <--key word.  Bigger turbos, better manifolds, larger injectors, beefier engine internals, limited slip differentials, different wheels, body kits, HID headlight kits, aluminum and carbon fiber body and interior parts, yadda yadda... the list goes on and on.  

The key words, Honda, are cheap and fun.  With only 160 HP, the new Si isn't much fun, considering at about the same price point, the SR4T makes around 100 more HP.

One last thing.  I do sincerely respect your designers and stylists, but the Si hatch is just hideous.  No doubt you've heard the "Oddyssy Si" jokes, so I'll spare you, but please... for the love of all things Honda, rehire the design team that drew up the '92- '95 Civics and Preludes!

Sincerely, 
Ji Simmons and [url]www.hondaswap.com[/url]

Now, as I was typing that, I kinda got the idea that we all put our names and email addresses on it, pass it around to other boards to gain names and email addys, and then send it to Honda as one big ass petition/ wake up call.

Correct the few typographical and spelling errors and I'll happily sign my name and email address to that petition.

:worthy: :ji:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 18 2004, 01:40 PM
Correct the few typographical and spelling errors and I'll happily sign my name and email address to that petition.

Point them out, then.

sounds good to me, and the idea of circulating it around to other honda boards is great.

ill do one, "parts (kinda like how Dodge built the SR4T)" at the bottom of paragraph 3. kinda should be replaced with "kind of".

Ah, you're right... One of the few times I slip into "internet typing skills."

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 18 2004, 01:42 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 18 2004, 01:40 PM

Point them out, then.

Code:
Dear Honda,

I have noticed that your sales of family cars are up, and your quality keeps on improving.  This is very impressive, and what's even more impressive is the fact that you haven't been bought out by, or merged with some big name corporation like other small automobile companies have.  I would also like to thank you for giving us the '99- '00 Si coupe and the '03 Si hatch.  They're both marvelous cars for their price.  However, there is a disturbing lack of cheap fun in your line up of quality cars.  What I mean is, other manufacturers are producing cheap, fun cars that will solidly trounce the Si coupe and Si hatchback.  Of course, you have the S2000, which is an absolute engineering marvel, but sadly, it's out of the price range of many younger enthusiasts whom are the backbone of the "import craze."  They love Hondas and this is shown time and time again in the fact that 99.9% of all aftermarket parts made will fit a Civic.  The year range of cars that these parts are targeted at is aging, and with age, more things start to go wrong.  Honda, the enthusiasts want new cars.  Cheap cars.  Fun cars.  

Look at Dodge's answer- the [B]SRT-4[/B].  They took a Neon, a car that almost nobody in the [B]Sport Compact[/B] community respects, and threw a huge engine at it (2.4L).  But they didn't stop there.  Oh no... they gave it a highly efficient turbo too!  This combination of existing platform + big engine + efficient turbo = a car that costs under $20,000 and will, well... out accelerate the worshipped NSX at a 1/4 of the cost.  Add another $6000 in suspension, brake, and wheel upgrades to the SRT-4, and it will also outhandle the NSX.  Honda, that is THE definition of a cheap, fun car.

[B]Now, I'm not an auto designer,[/B] but I am an ASE Master Technician, and have been racing Hondas for almost eight years.  I consider myself a shade tree mechanical engineer in the fact that I could most likely successfully design and build a car from the ground up using existing parts (kinda like how Dodge built the SRT-4).

What I propose, Honda, is to take a new approach to power production.  High revving NA motors are wonderful, but you can only go so far with a 1600cc engine in a 2400 lb. car and still make it streetable.  The direction 99% of the enthusiasts take when they get serious about big power numbers is turbocharging.  And they're getting great numbers- 350 HP out of a B16 is a major achievement, but they're doing it every day and it's becoming so commonplace that it's not really that impressive anymore, and when they build the engine right, it's as reliable as the day the B16 rolled off the showroom floor!

So Honda, after much thought, I've decided on what should be done to recrown Honda as the sport compact king.

Take an existing platform, add an existing engine, remove some of the frills and technological advancements to make it more affordable, and add a turbo.  Oh- and make it cheap and fun.

How?  It's right under your noses...

[B]The[/B] S2000 chassis with a less sophisticated suspension and driveline, and a less expensive interior, modified K24 with a turbo, five speed tranny w/ a different bellhousing to fit the K series, different sheet metal (maybe substitute steel for all that expensive aluminum), non- HID lights, ect...  Find ways to cut the cost but not the fun.  Get this car to make 300 HP, weigh under 2500 lbs., and cost no more than $22,500.  It could be done.  Don't think so?  Look at the SRT-4 again.  Oh, and don't forget the most important part of the sell, as well as the most lucrative- factory aftermarket parts that are AFFORDABLE <--key word.  Bigger turbos, better manifolds, larger injectors, beefier engine internals, limited slip differentials, different wheels, body kits, HID headlight kits, aluminum and carbon fiber body and interior parts, yadda yadda... the list goes on and on.  

The key words, Honda, are cheap and fun.  With only 160 HP, the new Si isn't much fun, considering at about the same price point, the SRT-4 makes around 100 more HP.

One last thing.  I do sincerely respect your designers and stylists, but the Si hatch is just hideous.  No doubt you've heard the "[B]Odyssey[/B] Si" jokes, so I'll spare you, but please... for the love of all things Honda, rehire the design team that drew up the '92- '95 Civics and Preludes!

Sincerely, 
Ji Simmons and [url]www.hondaswap.com[/url]

I just went ahead and corrected them... To be nitpickey it's SRT-4, but there were a few typo's like Odyssey, etc.

Edit: I put bold around what I changed, all the SRT-4s I changed, so I didn't feel like bolding out all of them.

ill give my name addy for that....to put them on top to the charts again...

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 18 2004, 01:56 PM
^^^ you should of highlighted them or something so he/we could see and see if you are right....

I edited it...look for the bold tags since the Code doesn't allow for it. Thats pretty much all I changed.

Back