Hondata or No Hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 23 2004, 05:23 PM
Actually, it's not bad at all. It's just not that great. At least not great enough that we have to hear about it every thread. I'm not trying to start shit but your attitude is getting old. Anyone who doesn't use uberdata is an uberidiot in your opinion. Well sweet. Keep your opinions to yourself. I was just trying to stick up for my buddy who doesn't know a hell of alot about ECUs. You do. Awesome. Try teaching people less knowledgeable than you, instead of being so quick to flame them. I'm done.
[post=421245]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you even been reading my posts? I have been posting facts about uberdata and hondata, not opinions. When I talk about my car? The only reason I do that is to back my facts up and show people you don't have to spend a shit load of money to have a fast car. I never said anybody was an idiot except the people like you that try flamimg me because you can't understand what I am saying. Oh and I have been teaching people, when integraslut78 started going off, I corrected him, but he still kept coming back for more... It's just an internet forum, don't get your panties in a bunch when you get called a name, it's not that big of a deal.

All I said was that Uberdata was not free yes the program is but you still have to buy some stuff to make it work thats all. All people do here is tell you how stupid you are instead of helping I should be used to it by now. Started going off what are you talking about I only posted once in relation to Uberdata.

Oh, I'm far from in a bunch. :D

I really don't care man. I think you're a smart guy, you obviouslly know alot about ECUs, and Ubercrap in particular. I just was telling you to lighten up. I don't give a fuck what anyone here thinks of me because when I get off work and go home, I'm content with my life. No fucking inter-tard forum is going to ruin my day or get "my panties in a bunch." I have a great job, a great girlfriend, a beautiful daughter, a huge house with a pool, and two cars. I'm not trying to flame you BBKA, I think you have alot of good information to share with people, just let people form their own opinions, don't force your's upon them.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 23 2004, 05:50 PM
All I said was that Uberdata was not free yes the program is but you still have to buy some stuff to make it work thats all. All people do here is tell you how stupid you are instead of helping I should be used to it by now.
[post=421251]Quoted post[/post]​

I know only the program is free, but I don't think you get what I am saying. That's all Hondata/Uberdata is, they are programs!!! The program is what your buying when you pay $1,000+ for Hondata! The little blue box doesn't do anything, it's just a security device. The actual parts to socket and chip your ECU are about $20, a ROM burner is maybe $75-$125, a wideband is $300. You will have to buy the parts to socket your ECU, and the ROM burner wether you have hondata or uberdata, and if you plan on tuning you will have to buy the wideband. If you don't plan on doing any tuning? Well you won't need the wideband and you can probably have the shop tuning your car burn chips for you.

guys grow up read the forum guide lines there are NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ALLOWED.
you will get banned for it beerbong.
if you don't agree with what is said typr that there is no need to call people names

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 23 2004, 05:56 PM
Oh, I'm far from in a bunch. :D

I really don't care man. I think you're a smart guy, you obviouslly know alot about ECUs, and Ubercrap in particular. I just was telling you to lighten up. I don't give a fuck what anyone here thinks of me because when I get off work and go home, I'm content with my life. No fucking inter-tard forum is going to ruin my day or get "my panties in a bunch." I have a great job, a great girlfriend, a beautiful daughter, a huge house with a pool, and two cars. I'm not trying to flame you BBKA, I think you have alot of good information to share with people, just let people form their own opinions, don't force your's upon them.
[post=421254]Quoted post[/post]​

Come on don't lie, you know your... :super:

Lol... sorry I couldn't help myself, it's all good. ;) Oh and about my opinions? Like I said I have facts to back them up and if I thin I am right, I am going to let everybody know, if it has anythign to do with there question (it does in this case). If I say something that is way out of line and incorrect, then I would hope somebody would correct me.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 23 2004, 06:02 PM
guys grow up read the forum guide lines there are NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ALLOWED.
you will get banned for it beerbong.
if you don't agree with what is said typr that there is no need to call people names
[post=421258]Quoted post[/post]​

SIR YES SIR! :worthy:

Lol... it's all in fun dude, people take things too seriously on the internet sometimes.

Can't argue with that. Everyone should just lighten the fuck up.

when you pay 1000+ for hondata, you dont just get the software, you get everything you need, including the hardware. stop comparing the price of hondata software+hardware to just uberdata's free software only and not the cost of the necessary hardware. when you do that, it's very misleading.

a better comparison would be the cost of hondata's software+hardware vs uberdata's software+hardware.

i paid $200 for my hondata s200... i dont know where you're buying hondata for a grand and not getting all the burning hardware... i have this nice bridge i'd like to sell you....

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 23 2004, 06:51 PM-->
when you pay 1000+ for hondata, you dont just get the software, you get everything you need, including the hardware. stop comparing the price of hondata software+hardware to just uberdata's free software only and not the cost of the necessary hardware. when you do that, it's very misleading.

a better comparison would be the cost of hondata's software+hardware vs uberdata's software+hardware.
[post=421301]Quoted post[/post]​

B16
@Nov 23 2004, 06:55 PM
i paid $200 for my hondata s200... i dont know where you're buying hondata for a grand and not getting all the burning hardware... i have this nice bridge i'd like to sell you....
[post=421302]Quoted post[/post]​

Crazy asian character avatars unite! :lol:

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 23 2004, 03:58 PM-->
integraslut78
@Nov 23 2004, 05:50 PM
All I said was that Uberdata was not free yes the program is but you still have to buy some stuff to make it work thats all.  All people do here is tell you how stupid you are instead of helping I should be used to it by now.
[post=421251]Quoted post[/post]​

I know only the program is free, but I don't think you get what I am saying. That's all Hondata/Uberdata is, they are programs!!! The program is what your buying when you pay $1,000+ for Hondata! The little blue box doesn't do anything, it's just a security device. The actual parts to socket and chip your ECU are about $20, a ROM burner is maybe $75-$125, a wideband is $300. You will have to buy the parts to socket your ECU, and the ROM burner wether you have hondata or uberdata, and if you plan on tuning you will have to buy the wideband. If you don't plan on doing any tuning? Well you won't need the wideband and you can probably have the shop tuning your car burn chips for you.
[post=421255]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats crazy I thought the blue box was the interface. I did not know that it did not do anything. Oh well I just got the S100 which is just the chip no cool blue little box for me. Oh so my questiond would be does the blue box just read the program or is it there for looks? I am going to get in trouble for thread jacking again.

it does the datalogging

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 23 2004, 06:51 PM-->

[post=421301]Quoted post[/post]​

The actual hardware to socket and chip your ECU is $20 at most.

Originally posted by B16@Nov 23 2004, 06:55 PM

The base s200 system without any options is $295. It's pointless to spend money on that, because unless you get all the options along with the ROM editor software you can't do shit with it. Everytime you want to make a change you will have to bring it to a dealer and pay him money. You have to think about upgradability also. If you want the ability to change things yourself and have all the options, hondata is well over $1,000 when it's all said and done.

B16
@Nov 23 2004, 09:02 PM
it does the datalogging
[post=421362]Quoted post[/post]​

No it doesn't. Read what boosted-hybrid said in this thread... http://www.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=17

The blue box or chip board is nothing more than a security device so that you cannot hack into the coding Hondata has written. The actual blue box, or s100 chip has nothing to do with the way the car operates off of the ecu. Its a misconception that the box is a piggyback device that stores some sort of information. The box looks for the coding to be compatiable with the coding written onto the eeprom chip, if it does not see the coding the car will operate in limp mode.

Anything else? I could go on all day. Obviously there are some cases where uberdata might not be an option, but I am just letting everybody know it is a good option so they can choose what they want on their own. I can't force anybody to run uberdata, but I can let them know exactly what it does and exactly what hondata does before they make their decision. I don't know about you guys, but spending a bunch of time reading and learning to save $1,000 is defintely worth it to me. Is it that hard to understand where I am coming from? Seems pretty simple to me. If I have helped one person learn about uberdata/hondata and save their money? That's all I was trying to do. I guess if you just don't care to learn, go buy hondata, that's what it's for.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Nov 23 2004, 09:32 PM
[post=421380]Quoted post[/post]​

then say $200 vs $20. cause that would be a more acurate cost comparison then your 1000 vs free.

like i said, you are comparing a full out hondata system with just uberdata's free software and its not a fair comparison. any hardware you have to buy for a hondata system thats not included in the base sytem you will have to buy for uberdata too.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 23 2004, 06:32 PM-->
@Nov 23 2004, 06:55 PM

The base s200 system without any options is $295. It's pointless to spend money on that, because unless you get all the options along with the ROM editor software you can't do shit with it. Everytime you want to make a change you will have to bring it to a dealer and pay him money. You have to think about upgradability also. If you want the ability to change things yourself and have all the options, hondata is well over $1,000 when it's all said and done.

not when you have a bunch of friends with hondata and one person has that equipment... so that is free for me.. networking is good m'kay

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 23 2004, 10:13 PM-->
Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Nov 23 2004, 09:32 PM
[post=421380]Quoted post[/post]​

then say $200 vs $20. cause that would be a more acurate cost comparison then your 1000 vs free.

like i said, you are comparing a full out hondata system with just uberdata's free software and its not a fair comparison. any hardware you have to buy for a hondata system thats not included in the base sytem you will have to buy for uberdata too.
[post=421417]Quoted post[/post]​

Your telling me shit I already know and have said in previous post. Uberdata pretty much has all the options including datalogging. If you want that from Hondata you have to pay $1,000+ ...my comparison is how it is and that's a fact.

B16
@Nov 23 2004, 10:19 PM
not when you have a bunch of friends with hondata and one person has that equipment... so that is free for me.. networking is good m'kay
[post=421421]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. Having buddy's and networking can help a lot. Before I turbocharged my car and I had hondata, my buddy was going to let me use his ROM editor software and help tune. I ended up selling my hondata, went with uberdata, and spent the money on a wideband o2 sensor instead and I am glad I have it.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 23 2004, 05:20 PM
Can't argue with that. Everyone should just lighten the fuck up.
[post=421272]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd rather fuck and then light up.

Back