Hondata Req'd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Sep 8 2004, 10:22 AM-->
brian11to1
@Sep 8 2004, 01:12 PM
I assume Hondata is the one which you say costs $1000... and Uberdata is free...

In all reality Hondata S100 is only $245.. plus the shipping of my ECU there and back...
[post=387511]Quoted post[/post]​

Your right. For the base s100 system it's $245. You can't do anything with that. You have to pay somebody else to tune it and make changes. Think about it for a second. Your paying $245, plus I am assuming you will be paying them to socket your ECU ($60-$80 maybe?). In reality all those parts cost $25 at most and you could get the same results with uberdata. The money you spent to get hondata can go towards tuning.

If you want to tune hondata yourself and not have to rely on somebody else it's more than $1,000 for the full hondata s200 system w/all options.
[post=387513]Quoted post[/post]​

even with uberdata, don't you still need some sort of rom editor? which is not free, correct?

Uberdata is the ROM editor and it's free. Uberdata and Hondata are nothing more than software!

no, i'm saying to put so called maps onto a rom chip, which then goes into the ecu.

To put the maps onto the ROM chip you will need a chip burner. It doesn't matter if your using Hondata, Uberdata, Turboedit, etc... you will still need to buy a chip burner.

Originally posted by Guy@Sep 8 2004, 03:54 PM
For obd0 cars you can always use zdyne. http://www.zdyne.com/, thought it still cost about the same as the tunable hondata
[post=387579]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a couple buddy's running Zdyne in their CRX's and it works great (real time programming is sweet). Like you said though it is kinda spendy and this guy is looking for something cheaper if he can.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 8 2004, 12:47 PM
To put the maps onto the ROM chip you will need a chip burner. It doesn't matter if your using Hondata, Uberdata, Turboedit, etc... you will still need to buy a chip burner.
[post=387577]Quoted post[/post]​

ok, thats what i figured... so you can't say you can run uberdata for free, you still need to buy hardware.

Originally posted by B16+Sep 8 2004, 04:56 PM-->
beerbongskickass
@Sep 8 2004, 12:47 PM
To put the maps onto the ROM chip you will need a chip burner.  It doesn't matter if your using Hondata, Uberdata, Turboedit, etc... you will still need to buy a chip burner.

ok, thats what i figured... so you can't say you can run uberdata for free, you still need to buy hardware.
[post=387605]Quoted post[/post]​

I never said you could run uberdata for free. Obviously you will still have to buy the hardware, but the program (expensive part) is free, unlike hondata... they charge more than microsoft does for software lol.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Sep 8 2004, 03:30 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Sep 8 2004, 04:56 PM
beerbongskickass
To put the maps onto the ROM chip you will need a chip burner.  It doesn't matter if your using Hondata, Uberdata, Turboedit, etc... you will still need to buy a chip burner.

I never said you could run uberdata for free. Obviously you will still have to buy the hardware, but the program (expensive part) is free, unlike hondata... they charge more than microsoft does for software lol.
[post=387635]Quoted post[/post]​

i guess your posts where uberdata being free, i misunderstood..??.. i do agree hondata charges too much for their software. at the same time your statements are somewhat misleading on the cost of actually running uberdata.

i do! :)
thank you sir

Originally posted by B16+Sep 8 2004, 04:59 PM-->
Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 8 2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by B16@Sep 8 2004, 04:56 PM
beerbongskickass

[post=387635]Quoted post[/post]​

i guess your posts where uberdata being free, i misunderstood..??.. i do agree hondata charges too much for their software. at the same time your statements are somewhat misleading on the cost of actually running uberdata.
[post=387649]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. From what you posted it seems you are misleading brian11to1 into believing he can run uberdata completely free which is not the case since you still need to purchase the hardware to run uberdata.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 8 2004, 10:45 PM
No, not really.

If I got Hondata my friend Dale could do it for me.
[post=387757]Quoted post[/post]​

If your buddy can tune hondata he can tune uberdata...

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Sep 8 2004, 12:07 PM-->
brian11to1
@Sep 8 2004, 02:01 PM
But im all motor, wouldnt turboedit be for turbo cars?

You can use it for all motor cars also. The only reason people use uberdata/turboedit more on forced induction vehicles is because you need it. Most N/A cars with your basic bolt ons don't have the need for a chipped ECU or stand alone.
[post=387539]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh, wtf? Why would you not need to modify the fuel and ignition maps if you modified the engine? Even if all you have is a cold air intake, you can still benefit from tuning the ecu to maximize the gains. Just because not everyone modifies their ecu doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. And it definitely SHOULD be modified if you are bumping compression by 2 full points. If not, your fuel mixtures will not be right, and your ignition timing will probably be fubar, to the point of detonation, which you don't want. The pr4 ecu will retard the crap out of the ignition if you don't modify the fuel maps, and you'll probably be spewing emissions out the tailpipe, not to mention your car will be a bit lethargic.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Sep 8 2004, 01:57 PM-->
@Sep 8 2004, 06:42 AM
I'd go Hondata, but your stock ECU will run the engine with that setup.  It won't be the best, but it will work.
[post=387371]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not trying to be a dick here so let's keep this conversation nice. Please explain to why you would even think about going with hondata? I see absolutely no reason for anybody to ever buy hondata unless your k-series.
[post=387506]Quoted post[/post]​

And I see absolutely no reason to go uberdata unless your poor.

The guy I had tune my car was an uberdata fan. hell, you probably know him- PhiZ. After playing with hondata, he's become a big fan of it. It truely IS a good software package and uberdata just doesn't stack up to it IMO.

For the money, it can't be beat. But if you CAN afford hondata, i see no other reason to go with anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back