Hondata Req'd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian-

here's what i'd do.

Base line it.

Go to the dyno after its running, and do 2 or 3 pulls and go home. Then, show us the graph that you put down

wild bill dyno'ed his 11:1, crower 403'd ls motor, on the stock p75 ecu.
Other than running slightly rich from 5-7500, i wouldn't change a THING with the stock fuel or ignition map.

All this talk about retarding the timing and fucking detonating is utter bullshit from people who have truely never built a car on their own.

Go read the "all motor ls monster" thread--- bill's dyno is there with the a/f graph.

all that motor had, was p30 pistons, crower 403 cams/springs/retainers, STOCK IM, STOCK header, HACK JOB of an exahust, EBAY intake, and a stock p75 computer.... which is prety close to the pr4.

so again, baseline it with a wideband, and you will see for yourself, whats really going on with YOUR car.

The last thing I wanted was for this thread to turn into a who knows what about cars arguement.

After the build, Ill take it to mcracing (gomcracing.com) for a preliminary Dyno run, Ill then post the graph as stated. I guess for now Ill hold off on everything.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Sep 10 2004, 02:39 AM-->
Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 8 2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 8 2004, 02:01 PM
But im all motor, wouldnt turboedit be for turbo cars?

You can use it for all motor cars also. The only reason people use uberdata/turboedit more on forced induction vehicles is because you need it. Most N/A cars with your basic bolt ons don't have the need for a chipped ECU or stand alone.
[post=387539]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh, wtf? Why would you not need to modify the fuel and ignition maps if you modified the engine? Even if all you have is a cold air intake, you can still benefit from tuning the ecu to maximize the gains. Just because not everyone modifies their ecu doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. And it definitely SHOULD be modified if you are bumping compression by 2 full points. If not, your fuel mixtures will not be right, and your ignition timing will probably be fubar, to the point of detonation, which you don't want. The pr4 ecu will retard the crap out of the ignition if you don't modify the fuel maps, and you'll probably be spewing emissions out the tailpipe, not to mention your car will be a bit lethargic.
[post=388428]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, If you go out and buy AEM ems or Hondata just because you have a cold air intake, your a retard lol. Read my statement again, I said "most" N/A cars with "basic" bolt ons, it's not necessary to buy a stand alone, chip your ECU, or buy a wideband o2. We don't have fucking race cars here where every single horsepower counts. Going to pay some tuner a few hundred bucks wouldn't be worth it with just basic bolt ons for 99% of us. Obviously if you raising the compression from 9:1 to 11:1, installed cams, ITB's, etc... your going to need some tuning if you want to gain as much as possible from your upgrades.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 10 2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 8 2004, 01:57 PM
Calesta
@Sep 8 2004, 06:42 AM
I'd go Hondata, but your stock ECU will run the engine with that setup. It won't be the best, but it will work.
[post=387371]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not trying to be a dick here so let's keep this conversation nice. Please explain to why you would even think about going with hondata? I see absolutely no reason for anybody to ever buy hondata unless your k-series.
[post=387506]Quoted post[/post]​

And I see absolutely no reason to go uberdata unless your poor.

The guy I had tune my car was an uberdata fan. hell, you probably know him- PhiZ. After playing with hondata, he's become a big fan of it. It truely IS a good software package and uberdata just doesn't stack up to it IMO.

For the money, it can't be beat. But if you CAN afford hondata, i see no other reason to go with anything else.
[post=388482]Quoted post[/post]​

I have always said hondata is awesome software, I'm not arguing that at all, but it's way too expensive for only being software. For somebody that can't afford hondata it's a great option. I can afford hondata though... or any other fuel management system I wanted. Hell, I could have even bought the extremely overpriced edelbrock kit, but I decided to build a homemadeturbo kit instead. Why did I do this? Because I saved about $3,000... I'm not going to spend money on one thing, if this other thing will give me the same results for a lot less money. I also don't give a shit about "bling bling" or being able to say "I am running hondata"... I don't care if you have money or don't have money, I still think it's stupid if you buy hondata when you can get the same results with uberdata. I drive a honda, not a $100,000 race car.

Here's a little analogy for ya... If you went to the grocery store to buy apples, one apple was $1,000, and the other apple was free, which one would you buy? My whole point is that I can get the same results with uberdata that I could with hondata, so why the hell would I spend an extra $1,000 just to run hondata?

well i guess its how easy it is to use those apples... guess you can say you can have the nice pretty apples that have a nice handle on them and even wipe your mouth when you're done eating them... or you have the rotten apples that make a mess all over you, but they're free? haha... i dont know :p

who is arguing? we are discussing :) sorry to whore your thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back