how did your favorite beer rank for 2006??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Top 30 Beer Brand Performers ranking is designed to highlight the brands that experienced significant year-over-year growth across total U.S. supermarkets in 2006

so, if your beer is on that list, that means you get your good beer at the grocery store.

no wonder mine isn't on there, and carona is in the top 10

well regardless of where i get it, its still got #1.. most of the time its at a bar

any list with Natty light loses all street credit

that list FTL

the Calapooia in town brews some of the best beers I've ever tasted (and I like an hour and a half from the Rouge). The "Shipwreck" Imperial Pale Ale is awesomely hoppy to the point it produces a grapefruit taste. and it's 8.2%

this list is shit.
that has to be one of your best posts ever.

that list if garbage.

Smirnoff Twisted V Variety Pack

Natural Light

sounds like bullshit to begin with.

strictly preference... some thing New Castle tastes like shit.. i love it.. so to say none of those are good beers is just what you think, not the US

edit**
but yes i agree with the smirnoff, bud light, coors light, natty light.. none of those should be on there.. but hey, thats what people buy, so thats why its ranked the way it is

im sure it goes by how many sales each beer gets...and broke college students who like to funnel beer go with natty light cuz its cheap...lol...so its understandable...

and Corona FTW...mmmmmm

I miss Red Dog. That shit is hard to find.

And Boone's Farms. Time for fun !

True story: The first time I drank boones farms I drove my girlfriend's 200SX through a bunch of tents at 1 am.

Stella was 5th and that's really all I drink off that list aside from Blue Moon here and there (dare I say, once in a 'blue moon') and widmer heffeweisen. But... most of the beers I do try are micro brews. Newcastle is okay.

I collected the Red Dog Bottle caps... and also... Boone's Farm was what I drank for New Years in 1996. Strawberry Hill. Good times.

Last edited:
i pretty much only drink Ales.. Sierra Nevada is another one of my favs.. i like bitter beer i guess

i pretty much only drink Ales.. Sierra Nevada is another one of my favs.. i like bitter beer i guess
me too

Brooklyn Brand East India IPA, Anchor Steam, Harpoon IPA, Dogifsh Head 120 minute IPA

Dogfish Head 21% ABV
Brooklyn Brands IPA is also 7% ABV which is a nice bonus
Anchor Steam and Harpoon are 5.9%

either of those in no particular order.
I usually only buy dogfish head when I'm not broke it's about $8.00 a bottle

Last edited:
I don't like how they classified all of Sam Adams beers under the "seasonal". Their winter brew is better than their spring brew.

There's like 4 different beers classified into one, and they all beat out Boston Lager? This list isn't very good, Boston Lager got 20th place, and even Corona Extra beat it out.

I don't like how they classified all of Sam Adams beers under the "seasonal". Their winter brew is better than their spring brew.

There's like 4 different beers classified into one, and they all beat out Boston Lager? This list isn't very good, Boston Lager got 20th place, and even Corona Extra beat it out.

The Pumpkin Ale I've had is amazing. Little brewery around here makes it... it's not the one on the list... but god damn it's great. Pumpkin Pie in a beer? Brilliant!

Back