how did your favorite beer rank for 2006??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

any list with Natty light loses all street credit

:werd:

I occasionally drink Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Killians, and Newcastle, but I'm most likely sippin on some Yuengling. Which I'm upset to see is all the way at 16? WHAT?!

But hey.... sometimes I have to settle for the steel reserve... what can I say, I'm a poor college student :p

I'd love to get myself a six pack of that, I've heard a lot about this beer, but it's not available in CT

Try ordering it from their website maybe you can get it from there.... Trust me it's worth it, and on the bottle it tells you how unworthy you are to drink it... it's great.

I miss Red Dog. That shit is hard to find.

And Boone's Farms. Time for fun !
Red Dog! OMG! Talk about a Flashback! Thats all we drank! Unless we had extra cash... Then it was Michelob Light... :) And Boone's!?!? Want some Mad Dog to wash it down with? Or how about some Special Brew?

Brooklyn Brand East India IPA, Anchor Steam, Harpoon IPA, Dogifsh Head 120 minute IPA
I LOVE DFH 120... It is a GREAT beer. Not an everyday beer... But a great one nonetheless... Night and day difference from the 60 & 90 minute IPA's...

I don't like how they classified all of Sam Adams beers under the "seasonal". Their winter brew is better than their spring brew.

I agree completely... I am not a huge Sam's fan, but I LOVE the Winter Ale...

On that list... I enjoy...
Blue Moon (One of my favorites)
Guiness sometimes...
Dos Equis is good stuff..
YUENGLING FTMFW!! I keep at least 2 cases on hand at all times since I cant buy it here in CT.
Fat Tire... ehh.. From time to time...
Shiner Bock
Hefeweizen I like too... But have to be in the mood for it..

ROFL! THEY HAVE STEEL RESERVE ON THE LIST!! YUCK!!!

weird.. 2 of my top 5 are pretty low.. Sam Adams Boston Lager and Guiness..

Microbrews rock! I wonder if there is a US microbrew list.... Sad thing is, most good brewers will never be noticed. Example, McNeil's (Brattleboro, VT) makes some of the best beer in the state.. but no on up here (burlington) has ever heard of them. :(

Edit: oh, its a grocery store list... who buys beer at the grocery store?!

Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard FTMFW

i was working at a fine dining restaurant in La Jolla when the rep came in for us to sample it... i think it was when it first came out.. awesome shit there, i forgot all about that.. time to look for some.. :D

and i've wanted to try Yuengling for a while, but they dont sell it here in CA

Corona?!?! On a good beer list?

You have to squeeze lime into it to offset the shitty taste!

Keystone??
Natural Light for christs sake?

This list sucks!

Last edited:
Beer Ratings, brewer, brewpub, bar, beer reviews and more

Consumer rated beer websight.
I've never heard of a bunch of 'em, and I'm a boozer.

Stonewall Ale:

Small tan head, fair retention with a skinny stringy lace. Seriously hazy copper/amber color, very murky. Nose is juicey, lovely with caramel, honey, toffe and a hint of licorice, a smidgen of pine. Hops surprisingly subdued! Body is full, palate is creamy, co2 level is right on. Flavors of caramel thats lightly sweet with notes of dark fruits, plums, berry notes, alcohol warmth, hints of chocolate, citrus and some stashed pineyness. The 12% alcohol is lovingly hidden and sneaky too! Finish is lightly sweet and malty, fairly well balanced out with a big hop bite.

Umm.. What about beer flavored beer.. That would be awesome.

Last edited:
I try to drink a different beer every time I go to the liquor store. But you have to drink an ale knowing how an ale tastes, a lager knowing how a lager tastes etc. Then rate them against beers of their type. I never understood lists that mix styles.

You want to try some beer that will get you messed up? Double Bock. Any brand. You drink it like you drink any normal beer, but after 5 beers you have the alcohol of 10 beers in you. I passed out half way through a 12 of the stuff and I can drink. I've heard about Triple Bocks but I have yet to find one.

And for the college kid on a budget, Mickey's. Best 40 I have ever drank. Better than a lot of normal beers people drink all the time actually.

Magic Hat has a new beer that just came out... Chaotic Chemsitry... you can only get it at the brewery. Its a barley wine ale, aged 3 years in bourbon whiskey barrels. Stuff is GROSS, that is if you dont like bourbon.

I overheard at the brewery that by 2011 they hope to be as far as Texas. They are already all over the eastern coast but in select areas, obviously. I swear, if anyone sees this at the store, pick some up. 9, circus boy, single chair ale, Hi.p.a are some of the best ones.

Another fav... Dogfish Head 60 minute pale ale. Its expensive, about 9-10 for a 6 pack.

Magic Hat has a new beer that just came out... dammit i cant remember it... you can only get it at the brewery. Its a barley wine ale, aged 3 years in bourbon whiskey barrels. Stuff is GROSS, that is if you dont like bourbon. I overheard at the brewery that by 2011 they hope to be as far as Texas. They are already all over the eastern coast but in select areas, obviously. I swear, if anyone sees this at the store, pick some up. 9, circus boy, single chair ale, Hi.p.a are some of the best ones.
My liquor store has all the types but I can't see myself paying over 10 bucks for a 6 pack.

I never quite got the whole Yuengling is the best beer ever, to me it's like the budwiser of Pennsylvania

i looked how much it would cost for Arrogant Bastard 22oz bottles.. fuck!!.. $32 shipped for a 6 pack..

$10 for a single bottle, they dont sell it here in Bakersfield damnit!!.. next time im in LA i'm gonna grab several bottles

Back