How do I know what engine will fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

About an hour? I might try that. But don't you have to do the timing when you pull the head?
yes but i was experienced with removing the head...set aside a weekend that you dont have anything to do..because the timing is the hardest

Mannnn.......... what to do? I have been disconnecting my engine to take off the head to replace the gasket, but one of my exhaust manifold bolts is stripped. Im thinking of grinding it off (the nut) and just replacing it.

SO I finally got the head off without grinding off that nut'n'bolt. I got a little advice from a clerk at the auto store. He said he had the same problem with one of the bolts on the exhuast manifold connecting to the down pipe. He told me just to loosen up the bracket that holds the down pipe to the motor and also the two bolts underneath on I think it was the oil pan, and then you can just slide the manifold forward without disconnecting by the bolt. This worked like a charm. I 'm pretty sure most of yo know this bit of information.

I just got my head back with a valve job, and it's lookin' good. The only problem now that I'm having is getting the bolt for the time chain pulley off so I can put a seal on the camshaft. Does anybody know how i can get the bolt off?

But the cam just turns. Should I attempt to take off the bolt when i have had already put the head back on, or best when its off? And I can't find in my chiltons manual which way to turn it, Clockwise or CounterClockwise?

Is there a way to change the timing belt without taking out the engine?

Put a jack under the oil pan (put a 2x4 between the jack and oil pan) Pull the drivers side motor mount, timing belt cover, replace timing belt.

I do. I have the Chilton's, but I feel like its not telling me a whole lotta details.

SO SOMEBODY HAS TO HAVE THE ANSWER TO THIS............

I did what somebody suggested I do yesterday to get the timing belt off, which was loosen the motor mount and lower on a jack. That worked just great. The only problem I'm having now in getting the crankshaft bolt off. I even went to the store and bought an IMPACT WRENCH, thinking that would help out a whole lot, but nope. The bolt just wont budge. Until I buy a better MANUAL, can somebody explain how I can Get this Off. Do I turn CounterCLockwise, Clockwise? Do I hold the gear still some how?

Its regular threads, and any good impact should break it loose no problem, did you get a $40 Autozone impact?

damn, $400. I was trying to do everything on my own because of the money situation. Well see what I can pull out of my hat.

Check out the one in the link I posted, Ive seen them on sale at Sears for $99, and they are very good impacts for the money. :thumbsup:

I thought about renting. Pissy? Not over here. I'm very thankful for all the help I've been getting. Excuse my typing, but I don't mean to get the wrong message across.

Back