How to get F'ed by the system 101

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am going to call him again on Monday, then twice a day from then on.

Definitely call him on Monday, but I don't know about pestering him twice a day after that... see what his reaction is, then pester him on a schedule tailored to that.

:)

Well, here is the first go of positive news (not from IBM mind you) Boulder county did indeen make a "clerical error" meaning I did not actually plead to False Plates (evidently the intern that gave me that option was a retard, gee there is a shock) what should actually be on my record is Failure to Signal. Not sure if that makes a difference to IBM but I think it should.

Well, maybe you can get some sort of letter signed by Boulder County and send it to IBM. That should help.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 19 2004, 09:09 AM
Well, maybe you can get some sort of letter signed by Boulder County and send it to IBM. That should help.

:werd:

... as Boulder County laughs evily. The lady that pulled the records for me pulled the wrong ones. I really, really hate Boulder right now. False Plates is still the charge and will remain the charge.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 20 2004, 12:28 PM
... as Boulder County laughs evily. The lady that pulled the records for me pulled the wrong ones. I really, really hate Boulder right now. False Plates is still the charge and will remain the charge.

Damn. What a ho. Call her again.

Ah yes, going on 3 weeks later and Mr Greene from IBM still has no official answer for me. However when I called this morning I got an answer (or so I think). He told me that the decision was with legal at this point which says I am not getting the job to me. The only reason I can come up with for this decision to go to legal is for IBM to make sure that I cannot sue them for changing their mind.

Here's to a summer wasted in BFE New Mexico fucking taking classes and working for the fucking college.

Boulder County is not being any help, all of the records on this case are in the mail coming where I am going to have a lawyer look at them and see if there is anyway to get this off my record.

that sucks mang, have you also tried to get an internship at some place other than IBM?

Yup, HP won't hire CS people. They only want Software Engineering people (the degree is no different where it is offered the only difference is you have a BECS rather than a BSCS). Intel isn't hiring software interns this summer. The list goes on.

No fair getting offered more for a position as an intern than I get working for 5 years as a fuckin architect. :p

Really, really sorry to hear how this is turning out. Boulder buearacracy is about the worst in the nation.

Let me know if there is any "convincing" Scott and I can do here in town. :D

Back