How To: Make your gauge cluster brighter and clearer.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I tried that and it doesnt list what instrument panel lights you have.

you are looking for these:
t15s.jpg

"T1.5 and B8.5D lamps"
to replace this little guy:
3a_1_b.JPG

Last edited:
Does the door open light really need to be so red?

I actually had a thing I found about making one of those little vtec lights that comes on when vtec kicks in, but instead of just a light you made a little thing for your dash that lit up red, but I believe that the brake light thing itself is red, and white light shows through. I'll try to find what the plastic is called and the steps for the vtec thing, because I'm sure the brake one would be the exact same, except you put brake instead of vtizec

There's actually a couple extra spots in my cluster face that have blank bulb sockets on the back side. The bulbs for the dummy lights are all clear, so are the plastic w/ the symbols printed on them. There's just little bits of colored plastic in there so the engine light is yellow, and the highbeam is blue.

Wouldn't be to hard to rig something like that up...except I have no Vtech, my man. And I don't need a light that kicks on when your vtech hits.

Your search - c00lvetizac - did not match any documents.

Huh?

lol I'm just droppin it becasue I don't know what I was talking about. have a nice day haha

found this thread off google. Where can I get those 2 tiny bulbs that light up the cluster? mine do not work for some reason. I did the little mod but I need new bulbs to see how it looks.

Advanced Auto, eBay..... almost anywhere.
They are #194 bulbs on top. The really small ones on the back are #74.

I checked pepboys and they didnt have them, but I will check advanced and autozone tomorrow. Thanks a lot. great writeup.

Your welcome. I know Advanced has them. I've purchased both the #194 and #74 bulbs from them.

Well # 194 is huge, I just got back from advanced and autozone and #194 is classified as a turn signal bulb. I need the 2 of these. I got a picture for reference.

thanks

pull the bulb out of the plastic holder.
yes, you can use it as your turn signal bulb, too.

Are those the turn signal bulbs that are like in the far corner of the taillights? cause if they are, i already have green ones in those sockets haha

no way in heeeel can you put #194's in those sockets. the ones in the picture I took are wired into the socket, I yanked on the bulb to get it out of the socket and it broke 2 tiny wires that were holding the bulb into that plastic case. seems like I need a bulb that comes with the plastic turn in casing aswell. the bulb i have pictures is not on the back of the gauge cluster, it is one of 2 bulbs on the top of the cluster in a big white plastic rectangle.

Last edited:
Ok how about this.
I have some #194 LED's. I put them in my corner lights just to see what it looked like. Didn't like it. Put them in my cluster, thought "it'll do" and left them there.
Believe me now?

You must be talking about a different set of lights. I'm talking about the 2 lights above the cluster that I showed pics of in this thread.

Back