How's your morning going?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought you did construction with your pops?

Corporate world for almost two years now.

Dress shoes wise I wear Eccos or Aldos. Aldos are like 95%the comfort of Eccos but 50% the cost.

Spent the wee hours of the morning in a massive wind tunnel trying to make things stop whistling. :headsmash:

Spent today converting drum brakes to disks on a 71 chevy nova... In the drizzling misty rain... In the owner's driveway... Because he attempted to do it himself and found out that not everything bolts up, and shit had to be cut, and modified.... Because he went with dropped spindles.... Good way to spend the day... Soaked...

i wear my 'casual' sketchers to work. and ankle socks. even with my dress pants. hate dress socks too. hate socks on my calf.
You're that guy...

Are your dress pants pleated too?

Some are, some aren't. I buy what ever is on the clearance rack that fits for around $10. i refuse to spend a ton of money on work clothes. None of them fit me any more. I might as well be wearing southpole dress pants. lol need to go shopping and buy some smaller ones. Maybe in the spring. i'm still dropping weight so i don't see the point in spending money on in between clothes right now.
We're not a full dress shop any way. biz casual. lots of guys wear dockers and polo shirts or golf shirts. only the 'suits' wear suits. but they also get gated parking by the door, where as the rest of us minions have to walk like a 1/4 mile or so to the lot. Which isn't bad.... until it's pouring rain out. and you didn't bring an umbrella.

Oh, we're quite casual here in the Silicon Valley. You can come wearing your cargo shorts, a stained rock t-shirt and flip flops. However, wearing sketcher tennis shoes with slacks? wtf man? lol

shapeups are a scam, and you look like a fag in them.
just sayin

in reference to shapeups, the round bottom shoes....
or am i thinking of the wrong thing?

they're probably awesome to walk on with the round bottoms, to each their own

Aren't they catching shit for causing strains and injuries? Or is that just ambulance chaser bullshit?

i refuse to wear dress shoes. they suck on all accounts.

i wear my 'casual' sketchers to work. and ankle socks. even with my dress pants. hate dress socks too. hate socks on my calf.

i did snort out loud while reading this.

Well, he's my shit-tacular Tuesday morning....

Friday I had a customer whose phone system had the line 4 port die. As I tried calling the office to see if it's under warranty, I kept getting our voicemail.

Here's where the shit hits the fan. I say fuck it and give up. I can't do anything right now. So I wait for yesterday, my brother wanders up here and says it is not in warranty, so I go back down there with a replacement system so they can use their lines, swap the memory card, pop the replacement system on the wall and call the manufacturer and obtain a service return order (SRO), just then she tells me it is in warranty. Completely caught off guard I tell the customer it is.

This morning I get to work and my brother literally has the gall to tell me "If you did your job you'd know it was under warranty and I wouldn't have had to finish it. Now we can't charge them for it."

Once again I'm caught off guard.

What happened (and what no one has ever bothered to tell me) is that my dad actually bought the 5 yr warranty for our company and will use it to get a free system and then charge the customer to replace the system as the customer did not purchase the 5 yr warranty. Considering it doesn't cost us anything to actually replace the system at this point, what's the difference of that bullshit line he gave me? I will never get how "I didn't do my job" when I couldn't as no one was here to answer the question, and when it finally is answered it isn't answered completely.

Back