1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hub and Balljoint replacement

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by powderman, Dec 6, 2009.

1. powderman

powderman New Member

I am swapping an LS/Vtec into my CRX. I figure while I have it down I will swap in the Accord V6 calipers and 11" rotors. I need to remove and replace the hub and balljoint from the Civic Ex knuckle so I can powder coat them(knuckles and backing plate). Can anyone tell me the proper procedure for doing this. I see they press out, but from the back side of the hub, it looks like you will be pressing on the inner bearing race and not the outer, is this correct? Any help would be appreciated.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

3. powderman

powderman New Member

Kevin, thanks for the quick reply, sorry I didnt do the search for that thread first. I havent rread it yet , but does it include hub removal? I'll do a search to see, but if you know any help is good. Thanks,
    Marc
    Man, its Sunday and i'm not thinking straight, the wheel bearings are in the hub , DUH.

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Yup, it's mainly concerning the removal of the hub. Hope it helps! But otherwise, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

5. powderman

powderman New Member

Looks not too difficult, AZ gets $110 and $100 rental on the 2 tools and it looks like the hub and bearing come out as an assembly that can be put right back in that way. I'll post pics of the results when done. I just did the calipers in Honda wrinkle red, but am going to strip them and re-do them in Ford Racing Wrinkle Blue that I am having custom made to match the other blue accents on the white CRX. Thanks for your help.
    Off topic , but is there a way to set the profile to email me when there is a response to the thread? I check my profile and didnt see one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

User CP->Edit Options->Default Thread Subscription Mode

7. powderman

powderman New Member

Thanks again, dont know how that slipped by me, it has been corrected.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted