i have done everything possible

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

werd....check spark on every cylinder....do you have new wires?

wires r brnd new on the way home from school i was thinking about the rotor not being in the right spot i cant thing of anything else

It sounds like maybe your timing belt jumped a couple of teeth. That if the intake side cam sprocket jumps a couple of teeth, that will jack up the ignition timing and cam timing. I'd check the timing belt. That might also explain the suddlen loss of engine you experienced. Check to make sure the timing belt tensioner is tightened up. Check no. 1 cyl. TDC, the arrows on both sprokets should be facing straight up, and the valves should be completely closed.

nope timing is not an issue the cams are at up and the crank is at tdc even tho this brings up a question i know i shouldn't doubt myself but this kid told me put the cam gears at up and put the crank at 16 degrees before tdc please tell me that i am wrong!

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 18 2005, 04:11 PM
nope timing is not an issue the cams are at up and the crank is at tdc even tho this brings up a question i know i shouldn't doubt myself but this kid told me put the cam gears at up and put the crank at 16 degrees before tdc please tell me that i am wrong!
[post=462838]Quoted post[/post]​

That is wrong. unless you have adjustable cam gears, don't mess with the mechanical timing of the motor. 16 degrees I think is stock, or close to stock idle ignition timing advance, but not too sure. When you pulled the distributor, did you put it back on in the exact orientation that it came off? Is it possible your ignition is way off? I know that unless I was really close on the dizzy adjustment, my car wouldn't fire up. See if you can find someone with a timing light, and see how far you might be off.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 18 2005, 05:23 PM
he cant use a light....the car doesn't start
[post=462885]Quoted post[/post]​

true.
I'd just crack open the dizzy and make sure the rotor is pointing to the right terminal on the cap. At #1 TDC, the rotor blade thingy at the tip, should be about midway through its travel past the #1 plug wire terminal. Just a dumb suggestion, but also make sure your wires are in the correct order. It's happpened to lots of people I'm sure.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Feb 18 2005, 07:37 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Feb 18 2005, 05:23 PM

true.
I'd just crack open the dizzy and make sure the rotor is pointing to the right terminal on the cap. At #1 TDC, the rotor blade thingy at the tip, should be about midway through its travel past the #1 plug wire terminal. Just a dumb suggestion, but also make sure your wires are in the correct order. It's happpened to lots of people I'm sure.
[post=462891]Quoted post[/post]​

this is true, ive seen a few ppl screw up the wires on the dizzy and forget about the rotation, dohc spins counter clockwise in order 1 3 4 2 and sohc spins clockwise 1 3 4 2. according to haynes manual..

i actually had a few ppl call me when their car wouldnt start, and like i said that was their problem. now thats teh first thing i check, dont know why i didnt mention that first off :blink:

Originally posted by DelSlo+Feb 18 2005, 08:10 PM-->
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Feb 18 2005, 07:37 PM
92civicb18b1
@Feb 18 2005, 05:23 PM

true.
[post=462891]Quoted post[/post]​

this is true, ive seen a few ppl screw up the wires on the dizzy and forget about the rotation, dohc spins counter clockwise in order 1 3 4 2 and sohc spins clockwise 1 3 4 2. according to haynes manual..

i actually had a few ppl call me when their car wouldnt start, and like i said that was their problem. now thats teh first thing i check, dont know why i didnt mention that first off :blink:
[post=462921]Quoted post[/post]​
:blink: ummmm i believe both distributors spin clockwise....

adn.sized.png

so is this right or wrong this is the order i am following

i hate to say this, but you might have to drop a few bucks and let a technician take a look at that car to find the cause of the problem.

im am behooved as to why tis thing wont run...it has fuel, spark, timing, compression, and still no start..when you figure out what it is please post because it has to be something insanely simple we are missing.

just a thought is it possible when i bought the new rotor that they gave me a d series rotor and it is in a different angle then the b series?

the only oter thing i can think of is to check and see what your voltage and amperage are at the black/yellow wire at the dizzy with teh key on...

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 18 2005, 11:40 PM
just a thought is it possible when i bought the new rotor that they gave me a d series rotor and it is in a different angle then the b series?
[post=463004]Quoted post[/post]​

that is possible.....i dont know the truth behind it.. but it is possible.have you checked the resistance through your cyp ckp and tdc sensors in your dizzy? if these are faulty it will not crank

saw this a few times on a toyota and i think a honda onece check your cams and crank with the bolts out and make sure the keyways are there and not gone like broke off make sure they turn with the corosponding part <_<

what year dizzy are you running so i can tell you the appropriate pin locations?

Back