I nee yourhonest opinion on the scion xb...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I need your honest opinion on the scion xb. Just click on the link here. And tell me what you think. Im just testing the waters. I still love my civic but i just want something new. And i like the scion. I test drove one and loved it. I want to buy the scion xb series 1 (the orange one). But like i stated i could use a little constructive thoughts.

I like the xB alot, actually. It seems like it would be super practical. Plus, I think it looks pimp. :ph34r:

Overall, they are pretty cool cars. They are defently going to be show carer's dream. alot of visual stuff. As far as gripes, sub 100's hp is defently one. Other things that I don't like is that the lack of some more standard features like no rear disc brakes. Drums suck and suck even more to work on.

They are a toyota, so their going to run FOREVER.

There is already a turbo prototype of the scion xb but not out till later next year. But i know they are developing an aftermarket one. I am not sure what brand or gains but the toyota sales rep said the prototype scion turbo will be putting out 169 ponies. Thats not bad. It is as fast as a d15b7 before the turbo but that doesnt say much but redlines at 6200. The 5 speed is definatly in the picture though.

Looks like shit, and has too little hp. Just buy a honda if you want something like that.

only kids drive those things....

and aging old hippies.

you couldnt pay me to drive one of those, much less to ride in one.

seems like a burnt out fad already, cool when they first came out, but already seem out of it now that were used to em, BUT I wouldn't be opposed to owning one, good price lots of room for the size and it is different...

there cool if you like the washing machine look.
i dont like them and there is a super charger kit on the market now, i believe.
i think it moght be comoftable to cruze around in but not as a man car.no way in hell would i pass up a civic for "the cube". just my thoughts

I'm sorry but the Scion won't beat a d15b7 equipped civic. It ways over 200 pounds more than the 92-95 coupe. You want it get it.

Unless you have lots of money to spend, a factory turbo will be your only option, unless you don't care about paying for the blown car when you turn the boost too high. :lol:

It gets good mileage and looks, but I don't know about performance.

I'm not a fan of the styling or the performance. Personally I cant stand the idea that thats what kids want because everyone I've ever talked to laughs at that thing. If you're looking for something roomy and fun to drive, how about a used 2.5rs wagon... I think they're technically called forresters. I definitely like the scion coupe coming out pretty soon though :thumbsup:

FUGLY, we do not need more of these ugly pieces of shit on the road. Keep your civic or buy a good looking car.

I don't know if I'd buy one. Being that they are toyotas, they are probably good quality dependable vehicles. Nothing I would want to race in, though. I'd sport it with some 18 inch wheels and a small drop, and tinted windows. I'd take it over a civic for long trips though. That thing has got to have some room in it. I don't, however, like the center mounted instrument panel. :thumbsdown: to any car without 4 wheel disc brakes.

I like the xB, it is not a fast car or even a quick car, but it is nice. I would love to seee someone try to drop a celica GTS motor and 6-Speed tranny in to one.

there UGLY i wouldnt get caught owning one, whats the xb stand for? X-BOX? lol

Originally posted by 90crxb18@May 18 2004, 07:16 AM
there UGLY i wouldnt get caught owning one, whats the xb stand for? X-BOX? lol

No- the original was called the bbX in Japan. xB just fits with the Scion naming convention since they have an xA too.

Back