I need advice about internet relationships.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Ok, heres the deal. I'm not much of a computer person. i only scored 2.2% on the geek test, so internet relationships aren't really my style. I met this girl on a meet people website. we matched and started to email each other. then we moved to chatting and now we talk on the phone all the time and still do the chat thing. we talk 2 or 3 times a day and everything is cool. we still haven't met yet in person and she only lives 2 hours away. She is scared to meet because she thinks i won't like her in person and she is scared to fall in love because she doesn't want to get hurt again. so in short she wants to wait to meet. She is SUPER HOT (i can post pics if anybody wants to see!) and she is very smart. so far she is EXACTLY what i am looking for. but here's my question's.

1.She wants to be exclusive, do i commit 100% to a girl i haven't met in person?

2.How long do i give it before i say,"we meet in person or i don't want to talk to you anymore."

3. Is there any chance this can turn into a normal relationship?

4. has anybody had internet relationships that can give me advice?

post the picks damnit!!!!

i met acouple of chicks online, through friends and shit... but yea, def go hang with her first, ppl are completely different to your face

whoa....red flags are shooting thru my mind faster than a russian military march in the middle of may day....

1.She wants to be exclusive, do i commit 100% to a girl i haven't met in person?

she wants to commit fully even tho she has never met you in person?

something is up.

i met the girl im talking to right now over the internet. she is 5'8 blonde hair, beauftiful deep hazel eyes, simply beautiful.

hit her up on one of the personals, never thought she would email me back...she did, i spit some game and we went out for the first time last night, and are planning two more dates for later on this week.

i only talked to this chick for about a week before we met in real life. i wouldnt put my hopes up on any chick longer than a few weeks of not meeting her in person.

im guessing that since she doesnt want to meet in person....she may not be who she proclaims to be....

if she is "super hot" .... and not wanting to meet? hmmm

or if that is really who she is.....you need to ask yourself..."is this chick out of my leauge" ??

don't commit to shit until you meet her. if shes looking for a commitment before you even meet, shes a headcase- toss her now.

1- exclusitivity comes with dating. you can't date a girl you've never met before.

2- don't. you'll know when you're either so fed up with the idea or her games and you will just move on.

3- certianly. it's no differen't than talking to any other chick you've never met before on the phone a lot.

4- :ph34r:

I've had a few friends who started internet relationships, and for the most part they lasted for a little while and then fizzled, but I'm not saying I don't believe they can work. I personally don't think you should commit 100% to a girl you've never met before...sometimes relationships just don't work once you are actually together in person. I think you should try to get her to meet you, it's the best way to turn it into a meaningful thing. Maybe you should suggest meeting in a group the first time, some of your friends some of her friends, that way there isn't as much pressure for you or her.

i tried once, and when i actually met her in person, well, we'll just say i never talked to her again. she was about 40 lbs fatter then she was sin teh pics she sent me, she never shut up about her friends and old boyfriends, and, well, basically just got on my nerves.

Ummm... I'd have to say don't do it! LOL ;)

On the other hand, I've made bunches of great FRIENDS through the internet. However, internet romances suck.

That is all.

here are some pics. i know they are real because we have chatted on webcam. things would be different if she was ugly. (how many :hitit: signs will there be?)

s3fb9b78883d74.jpg

s3fb9b51bcaa48.jpg

the blonde hair is 3 weeks ago. she dyed her hair brown last friday.

Give her the windy city rumbler (looks like she has a nice rack) and a fake number as well. And change internet names, lol.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2003, 01:33 AM
ehhh...

pissedoffrating: 3

hey B, where do you rate your girl, or ex or whatever? this girl is worth way more than a 3.

7s are hard to find, 8's are impossible, theres like 10 9's and i've yet to see a 10

Back