I need help asap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThiRteeN

i cannot find this anywhere, and it has stumped 4 of us..... swapped a 93 si tranny into my 96 ek, before the swap, the car started up fine, no problems. today, finish everything, reconnect the battery, and the car wont start, at all. when i turn the key to on, theres no hum from the fuel pump. turn it to start, the radiator fan comes on. this does this even without holding the clutch in. and when i let go of the key, theres a buzzing sound coming from the heater blower. the buzzing stops after i let the clutch out. i checked all of the fuses under the hood, but didnt check the relays or the fuses or relays in the car. anyone have any ideas? im mad as shit, and need my car to run by tomorrow.

Make sure you have all of the ground wires reconnected (tranny ground, valve cover groung T-stat ground., starter grounded.) Make sure the battery is fully charged.The fuel pump relay is inside the car.

this is kinda odd.. so changed out the trans and car wont run. did you check the wiring harness main connectors? just a simple thought. checked ground wires?

my buddy did the tranny so idk if he put the tranny ground back on and i do believe the battery is still got a decent charge. but even if the tranny ground wasnt connected, would turning the key to start make the rad. fan come on and not crank or make the feul pump not hum?

the wiring harness thats on the trans? cuz he said he only diconnected the spedo sensor, backup sensor, ground and the starter

i was thinking maybe it could be the ecu, but why would it not wanna work after only having the battery disconnected like 2 days...

check ground on thermastat housing just a thought if those grounds come lose u lose ground to sensors and stuff

On the thermostat housing. It's 4 wires that are grounded together there. Beside the back end of the lower radiator hose.

i have had those com loose and the car just died while i was driving tach was jumping around lights on dash flashing took me a min to figure it out but finaly found it maybe they got bumped messen with the starter or something

well, my buddy is an idiot. when he took the ground off the trans, he tucked it against the fan. so thats why the fan would turn when i turned the key. put the ground on, and started right up, a two min fix :)

Back