i need real big time help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the only reason i dont believe the resistor box is because he had the setup running and working fine then without change to the setup just stopped working.

plus i am running stock it is 240cc no need for a box! it was running for 4 months and then boom this happens i have no idea what else it could be i am going to put in the new injectors tomorrow and fuel pump and see what happens

its a fuel problem, likely to be in ur harness or some sort of blockage in the fuel lines not allowing fuel to get to the injectors. on ur injector wires, each of them has a different color wire and a black/yellow wire on each, take a multi meter ground the black wire from the multi meter to chassis ground and check the black/yellow wires for +12 volts when the key is in the on position, if no +12 there is your problem, that black/yellow wire gives a switched +12 volts to the whole engine harness. Another easy way to tell if ur injectors are firing is what someone said beofre just pull the rail with the injectors sticking out of it and try to start the car if u see fuel spit out then u kno they are firing. Other than that check the wiring harness and connect all the wires u said u saw loose, its not good to have cut wires in any harness, just trace em to where they go match the colors and soder(sp?) or butt connect them back together

he's got fuel in the rail, he already determined that there is pressure in the rail thus showing that the pump is working, as is the regulator

i'm 100% sure this is a pesky wiring problem that you're going to have to track down

so if it is a wiring problem what should i look out for i mean everything was working what could of caused the short? all i can think of it where the shop cut the wire for the altenator. also i was reading and you said to re do the wires but i don't know what you mean by heat sink what is that?

well i put the new injectors in and still nothing now here is the wierd part. i put a set of lock pliers on the fuel return line and it started ran pretty bad but it started what could that mean? i am going to put the fuel pump in now let me know

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 8 2005, 03:38 PM
well i put the new injectors in and still nothing now here is the wierd part. i put a set of lock pliers on the fuel return line and it started ran pretty bad but it started what could that mean? i am going to put the fuel pump in now let me know
[post=484821]Quoted post[/post]​

check your grounds

im telling u that ur injectors are not firing... like i said before check for 12 volt at the black yellow wire, if u have then its in the injector wires going back to the ecu. just try what I am sayin its not hard.

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Apr 9 2005, 07:58 PM
im telling u that ur injectors are not firing... like i said before check for 12 volt at the black yellow wire, if u have then its in the injector wires going back to the ecu. just try what I am sayin its not hard.
[post=485210]Quoted post[/post]​

can't be the injectors, this is what i did i took a set of injectors tha i pick up and i put then in the rail turned the key and they sprayed put the rail back on the intake manifold and still nothing i took a lock plier and locked the fuel return line and it started ran pretty badly but it was running, i went to put in the gsr fuel pump and then i noticed that the part where the fuel line goes was broken so i didn't plug it in i just picked up a walbro pump brand new from a guy on honda tech but he didn't have any paper work on it so i am not sure if it is a inline pump or an intake pump i am going to make a thread on it and see what you guys think! if it is an intake i will put it in tomorrow and post good or bad if it is bad i give up civic for sale!!!!!

have you tried putting in a different fuel pressure regulator. if there is not enough fuel pressure in the rail the injectors wont fire. so when you pinched the return line you raised the pressure but not enough to get the car running right. check it with a known good regulator and if that doesn't work then replace the fuel pump.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 8 2005, 04:26 AM
so if it is a wiring problem what should i look out for i mean everything was working what could of caused the short?.....

It's possible that a wire may have rubbed through in the course if just driving it around. I would definitely double check all the wiring.

Good luck

:)

Originally posted by da9driver@Apr 10 2005, 08:31 PM
have you tried putting in a different fuel pressure regulator. if there is not enough fuel pressure in the rail the injectors wont fire. so when you pinched the return line you raised the pressure but not enough to get the car running right. check it with a known good regulator and if that doesn't work then replace the fuel pump.
[post=485484]Quoted post[/post]​

put in three different ones and right now i have a adjustable fpr in there so that is not the problem!

well put in the new fuel pump and still nothing so i have no idea what to look at next, i think i am going to take all the wiring off from the wiring harness and see if there something wrong or touching, but for now that shit is for sale i can't play with it anymore if i can't get anyone to help me out!

is ur starter good?
battery good are u getting electricity?
alternator any good did u cheak ur fuses?
do u have oil in your car?
is ur motor wired corectly?

answer these questons and ill get back to u were are u living?
i had a few cars wit simalar problems

what kinda fuel regulator u got?
is it clogged
someone might have put sand in ur gas tank ur motor is prolly fried....
drain your oil and see if there is anything bad in your oil
also when u drain the oil look for coolant
check your coolant levels
maybee headgasket problem or you motor isnt being cooled....

Originally posted by CiViChAtChBaCkMn@Apr 11 2005, 08:09 PM
is ur starter good?
battery good are u getting electricity?
alternator any good did u cheak ur fuses?
do u have oil in your car?
is ur motor wired corectly?

answer these questons and ill get back to u were are u living?
i had a few cars wit simalar problems

what kinda fuel regulator u got?
is it clogged
someone might have put sand in ur gas tank ur motor is prolly fried....
drain your oil and see if there is anything bad in your oil
also when u drain the oil look for coolant
check your coolant levels
maybee headgasket problem or you motor isnt being cooled....
[post=485870]Quoted post[/post]​

starter is rebuilt batter gets charged everynight on the battery tender altenator is rebuilt
all the fuses in the engine bay is good going to check the inside fuse box today, fresh oil
no clue on the wiring but from what the shop says it is wired right fpr is a b&m adjustable , it is not clogged because i went thur three of them civic sits in the woods no one lives out there and no one walks out there i have no enemies everyone loves me :D . brand new head gasket brand new seals and so on there is no coolant in the oil anything else???

Back