i really need some help with the front brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordwithwork

kid that everyone loves!
ok so i have a 91 accord DX im doing the front brakes, i got the tire off and i took of the 4 bolts on the rotor, and it wont move,

do i pound it out or do i have to take off that big bolt to get the old rotor off, please any help id love

thanks!

thank you so much, now i no why its so hard to come of without taking the bolt off, thanks

p.s.

is there anythign else i need to do besides take off the huge bolt, with a big socket then slide the old ones off and the new ones on?

help is very appreicated!

nope , and i tried taking the 1 1/4 inch nut off with heat, and a huge breaker bar, nothing, its not comnig off, i think im gonnn aleave it, untill i find a shop i can take it too

what do u guys think/???

I had a HELL of a time taking my passenger's side off. I ended up having to cut it off once.

the pads are fine, its the friggin rotor thats a warped and crude, and since i cant get it, i gues its gonna stay that way.......

any other sijustions?

rep goes by post count and if someone gives you rep.. whether it be positive or negative.. click usercp to see if anyone has given you any

to start posting on other things , find the correct forum and click "new thread".. and dont threadjack other people

also, be sure to read the date when replying to threads.. some may be old, really old.. dont set the record

Last i knew 90-93 Accords rotors where pressed on...

if you can get an impact wrench chordless or compressor use that....the acual size is a 36mm. one you get that off you have to pop out your upper ball join and lower ball joint. once you have done that take off the caliper and place is somewhere secure. the whole steering knuckle will come out. get it to a hydrolic press. you have to press the hub assembly and stuff off with a hydro press. also there will be either as 12 point or a 6 point 10mm socket on the back of the assembly you have to take off.... let me tell you it is a bitch to do. its easier to just let a shop do it, but if you dont have the money to let them do it...there is how you do it

the axle might be stubborn lightly hammer it out of the splines. a haynes repair manual is roughly 18 bucks, and tells you how to do it step by step.....or if you have a chiltons repair manual they are better the chiltons covers all honda accords and honda preluds from like 84-96 or something.
good luck

wooow thanks i would do it my self but dont hav enear the tools i need

thanks tho ur very smart with that, u ever had a 91 accord? send me a pic : )

thanks a lot man....i will throw some pics on in a day or two so you can see.....ive had a 92 civic hatch, 88 civic, 91 accord, 92 accord, 87 accord, another 91 accord but automatic, and the one i have now is a 91 LX 5 spd. i just put a H22A swap in it...she needs a paint job tho, half primer half not haha, but ill get some pics

haha wow sounds good i wana learn about swaping

what would the best swap be for my 91 acord dx 5 SPd.?

and also i got my with gray primer right now

its doing ojk tho

I just did my front brakes on my 97 accord and let me tell you getting that freakin nut off is a task i never want to do again.. I took me about 30 minutes per-side to get that off, if you haven't already use some Pb blaster and soak that mofo. Just keep trying and you'll get it off eventualy!

As for the swap, if you are looking to boost then i would vote an F22b1 out of a 94-97 Accord EX, if not then i would go with the H22a Red top lsd tranny engine, the h22a might have to have engine mounts if im correct i don't remember right off the top of my head but the f22 should be a bolt up, correct me if im wrong Techs.

Back