Ian's build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ill get a pic without the filter. so you can see.

but the whole "magic" thing is a running joke. a while back when jeff from IB was hyping it up (not that it isnt a great piece) he refused to post pictures of it for fear someone would copy it and steal his fire or something. stupid if you ask me, cause what really matters is the performance.

stupid picture request, can you post pictures of the catch can system?

"magic" intake

DSC02459.JPG

DSC02460.JPG

DSC02461.JPG

catch can:

DSC02386.JPG
DSC02386.JPG
DSC02386.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02395.JPG

Last edited:
who cares, they still work perfect. barely been driven on really, just rusted from the car being outside all winter.

the hoses connect to the block. where there would be plugs with a 14mm hex socket. i replaced those with nipples identical to the ones supplied by endyn. they are actually a factory Honda piece from a prelude. the hose that is T-ed goes up to the valve cover.

i have some more pics of stuff. got the suspension setup pretty much how i want it. about 5" in the front and 5.25" in the rear (measured from the ground to the bottom of the rocker) about 1 finger gap all the way around. now i just have to get the radiator put back in, full-race radius rods put in, get the bumper put back on, and get an allignment, and for the most part its finished :)

who cares, they still work perfect. barely been driven on really, just rusted from the car being outside all winter.

the hoses connect to the block. where there would be plugs with a 14mm hex socket. i replaced those with nipples identical to the ones supplied by endyn. they are actually a factory Honda piece from a prelude. the hose that is T-ed goes up to the valve cover.

i have some more pics of stuff. got the suspension setup pretty much how i want it. about 5" in the front and 5.25" in the rear (measured from the ground to the bottom of the rocker) about 1 finger gap all the way around. now i just have to get the radiator put back in, full-race radius rods put in, get the bumper put back on, and get an allignment, and for the most part its finished :)

uhm, i was jsut joking about your axles dude.

got the car pretty much done, engine wise at least.

full-race bolts came. finished up the install on the bar and installed the radius rods. installed radiator, filled it up with fluids. fired her up and damn it sounds sick. loud as fuck though, lol. sean was right about it being loud but oh well. it has a nice little ruble at idle and sounds perfect. not ricey at all, just sounds mean :)

just have to put the bumper back on and get an allignment.

then i have to replace the headgasket :( 2 reasons. 1 after some more research, ive found that i wont have adequate clearance from pistons to head. the pistons are pretty much flush w/ the deck and the quench area on the gsr head is flush with the head surface. theis means that my clearance is only the thickness of the gasket, and oem is like .026" and thats just not enough when dealing with stock rods and high RPM. so im going to go with a .040" gasket. will drop my compresssion from 12.2 to 11.8. maybe i'll loose like 3 hp but oh well.

enjoy this joyous update :)

whats so magic about it ian? i've never seen one like that

It's basically just a HUGE velocity stack. There aren't any on the market that big for a Honda, and he (Jeff) made one that reduces from 6 inches in diameter down to 3. That's a 4x area reduction, which theoretically (assuming a perfect world) increases air velocity by 4x. There are some big improvements I suggested that can be made to the design without adding any cost at all, but he didn't want to go for it. It's still a wonderful piece.

were the radius rods on your setup already sprayed down with anti seize? if not, pull them off and take care of it. they are supposed to be already lathered in it when new, but mine were not. so, now i have to remove them and take them to full race to get it fixed. for free.

pic is probably just blurrry. the "a" is removed though

were the radius rods on your setup already sprayed down with anti seize? if not, pull them off and take care of it. they are supposed to be already lathered in it when new, but mine were not. so, now i have to remove them and take them to full race to get it fixed. for free.

huh? why? i bought them used

well they werent coated in anti seize but i just loosened the nut just fine.... so i dunno what you are talking about. once the lock nut is loose it moves fine. you only have to adust is once, when you get the allignment, and everything moves fine.

well they werent coated in anti seize but i just loosened the nut just fine.... so i dunno what you are talking about. once the lock nut is loose it moves fine. you only have to adust is once, when you get the allignment, and everything moves fine.

ok dude, you seem to know everything. I was giving you a heads up that if they werent, in due time the will seize.

i bought mine brand fucking new from full race. when they were delivered, i didnt know the heim joints needed to be coated as i was told they were ready to bolt the fuck on. so i did just that bolted them on.

i then later, maybe 4-5 months had to replace my tie rods. so i did, then i went to get an alignment and becuase the shop who changed my oil/tranny fluid suggested we adjust the caster them to preload the bars, and they did. thats when we noticed the fucking heims were hard as fuck to turn. so, the 'preloaded' them on a street car... and when i went to get an alignment the shop would not touch the car as they swore the radius rods were bent. since the wheels were too far forward in the wheel well to get an accurate reading on the machine. so, i went back to the shop to have them put the caster to stock spec and we couldnt get the fucking passenger side rod to come loose. we removed it, spray it with pen lube, silicon spray, wd40 put the fucking thing in a vice and it still woudnt not fucking budge. so, we adjusted the caster with the opposite end.

just a fair warning, fuck sorry i even said anything dude.

ok dude, you seem to know everything. I was giving you a heads up that if they werent, in due time the will seize.

i bought mine brand fucking new from full race. when they were delivered, i didnt know the heim joints needed to be coated as i was told they were ready to bolt the fuck on. so i did just that bolted them on.

i then later, maybe 4-5 months had to replace my tie rods. so i did, then i went to get an alignment and becuase the shop who changed my oil/tranny fluid suggested we adjust the caster them to preload the bars, and they did. thats when we noticed the fucking heims were hard as fuck to turn. so, the 'preloaded' them on a street car... and when i went to get an alignment the shop would not touch the car as they swore the radius rods were bent. since the wheels were too far forward in the wheel well to get an accurate reading on the machine. so, i went back to the shop to have them put the caster to stock spec and we couldnt get the fucking passenger side rod to come loose. we removed it, spray it with pen lube, silicon spray, wd40 put the fucking thing in a vice and it still woudnt not fucking budge. so, we adjusted the caster with the opposite end.

just a fair warning, fuck sorry i even said anything dude.
lol, you take everything so seriously, im not being a know it all or anything, just saying that these are used bars and ive never heard anything about anti seize

why does it look like you photoshop-blurred out your centercaps?

Mine look just like that- I did the same thing. Melted off the old logos, then sprayed clear coat on them again.

lol, you take everything so seriously, im not being a know it all or anything, just saying that these are used bars and ive never heard anything about anti seize

Mine have never seized up either, no matter how crazy I got with my alignments. No anti-seize.

Back