Ian's build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea i thinik ive seen that build before. looks pretty badass.

i bought a few final parts form honda, checked the rest of my clearances, made my own valve adjustment tool :), adjusted valve lash. ill have pics of the complete longblock ready to be installed soon :)

then on to the install. :)

thanks for saying that this build is the best since brians. flattering, even though i have nothing on his 50 some page thread lol. hopefully this one starts up with no problems :)

Quoted post[/post]]Good luck and cant wait for more progress of the best hondswap build since B's :thumbsup:

How can you say a build is the 'best build since B's'? Brian's shit didn't run...

That's like saying 'Dude! this zeppelin is totally the best zeppelin since the Hindenburg!'

its getting so close i can taste it.

got the engine nearly complete
checked all my clearances and such

gallery_1242_496_259566.jpg
gallery_1242_496_192695.jpg
gallery_1242_496_137613.jpg

gallery_1242_496_73956.jpg

i have a few last parts on their way (moroso road race oil pan, some little things from the dealer, and a thermostat housing, fuel liines) and it will be for the most part complete.

also got my guages installed and power and light wired to them. signal isnt hooked up yet since the engine in there doesnt have any of the senders.

gallery_1242_496_176386.jpg

gallery_1242_496_161465.jpg

gallery_1242_496_235273.jpg

second pic you can see all my nice gagets and switches. the obvious guages, radio, PLX AFR meter under the radio, GSR cluster, black switch is for the CEL, so i dont have to jump some dumb connector, lol. silver switch is so i can switch between narrow and wideband. third pic shows the currently unused portion of the guage haness that i made. thats the signal half of the harness. i love clean wiring :)

Looking great man. Good work. Can't wait to see the numbers that beast puts out once tuned.

thats hot man...never thought about the switch for the CEL...good idea...im gonna steal that.

:werd: If I was obd1, I'd do it... As for narrow and wideband, I just switch it using spade connectors on each end. I gotta clean my setup a little. Good pics Ian. I can't help but think about that ITR mani every time I see pics. I miss it, lol.

haha its MINE. but hey at least i didnt ruin it. it could still be used on a pr3 head.

and yea im lazy. i hate manually doing something when i can set it up on the flick of a switch :) looks cleaner too.

I bet ya I could get a b16a manifold to flow better than an ITR mani, even following the HC rules... :ph34r: I never really planned on using the ITR mani on my pr4; thought about it, but it was originally intended for use on my pr3 head sitting in the garage. I'll be putting it on the car this summer. :) Along with a turbo setup :)

i cant see how you could do that. as you cant port or anything more then 1" into the runners

"any modification that alters air, fuel, or coolant passages, will be deemed illegal"

engine is officially done. :) moroso road race oil pan came, last batch of parts form honda came. its ready to be dropped in.

ill be doing that within the next week hopefully, as dave from SMSP wants the deposit in like 2 weeks :ph34r:

its getting there :)

that much cash, lol. took me a year to get this far. ive basically been building it with my spare money the past year.

oh okay...just seems like its only been about 3 months...

but first post was november so yeah nm.

the build started back in last july when i bought the head and other stuff from B. that was when i just planned to swap the unported head on, lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]Good luck and cant wait for more progress of the best hondswap build since B's :thumbsup:

How can you say a build is the 'best build since B's'? Brian's shit didn't run...

That's like saying 'Dude! this zeppelin is totally the best zeppelin since the Hindenburg!'

The assembly of an object "build" is different than it not performing well because of lack of effort at the end. Brians shit did run by the way, it needed tuning and some extra work he didnt seem to want to put into it which i understand.

Great work, i wish i could have upper timing belt covers :cry: .

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The assembly of an object "build" is different than it not performing well because of lack of effort at the end. Brians shit did run by the way, it needed tuning and some extra work he didnt seem to want to put into it which i understand.

Great work, i wish i could have upper timing belt covers :cry: .
i have some extras from the old motor. want em, ill sell em to ya :)

anyway, ive been a busy bee the past week. got the car in the garage at work and its in about 3987598673 pieces. head pulled, all electrical stuff disconnected, new motor has the harness on it and its ready to be dropped in, just have to pull the old motor out. doing that tomorrow. tonight i also custom made my own braided fuel lines, and installed the fuel filter. the onlything thing connecting the old motor to the chassis is the 3 mounts. i dont have many pics, but ill get some up. ill def, have some after its all done.

oh and i just payed my deposit on my SMSP header so look for that in the near future as well :)

Back