IB Spec intake really works!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh I'm gunna get one of these magic intake for sure...and i would pay 200 for an IB Spec intake then 250 for an AEM anyday....happily at that :D

My guess is its a huge velocity stack and filter on a 3" pipe?

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jun 23 2004, 07:49 PM
Also, guys...it was freaking 96 degrees at the dyno and probably 98% hunidity (it was raining) I don;t know how you guys dyno in that heat, your HP is way down in that weather. Probably 10 more in dry, cooler air, easy.

That's true- it was hot and muggy as hell! I always research the weather forecasts, then head up to Dallas on the supposed driest day in a 2 week period, then start tuning at the coolest/driest 4 hour window on that day. If we can hit 50% humidity, we're golden. It takes some careful planning.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 23 2004, 04:09 PM
No no no... his price would be for an entire intake system, including all piping, fittings, filter etc- what I used is just a few pieces of the new intake system. His retail intake system will be everything in front of the throttle body, not just some cheesy cold air extension... and like I said before, what I was using was still a short ram system- not cold air.

Ok, that's my fault. I don't know why the hell I was thinking it would be some sort of add-on package for people with existing short ram intakes. (Cocaine's a hell of a drug)

I've never really been overly thrilled with any of the intakes I've had over the years when I go to the dyno to check the performance increase. Once they go to mass production, you can mark me down for one. :)

still very very impressive for just a standard intake swap.......good stuff :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that Jeff will be selling it as an entire intake system- it was just not in the form of a complete intake package when we ran it on my car.

yeah. Its like a backburner item for me until I can catch up on all the blocks I am building right now. I am really backed up. I really want to get 100 of those asap and get them all out to every person of this site if they want it. I think it would be cool to ship like 100 of them at once, and have like 100 dyno chart comparisons up on this site all within a week. it would be our little guiness book world record dyno comparo contest. lol.

Jeff

what kind of timeframe/pricing range do you [jeff] think there will be on this setup?

I'm in the market for an intake in the next month or so, but $200 is a bit out of my range

but i'm deffinately interested and I'm always for helping the little guy instead of big companys

thanks for hookin up us poor hondaswap members

Sean

Hell yeah!

Idk about 200 though. I'm really broke, but 10hp is 10 hp and that'd be a heck of an improvement over my ghetto filter on stock tubing.

Jeff,
Its nice to see that conservatives can put their talents to use, well aside from using them to impose their belief system on the rest of the sane world :p

That aside, it would be an honor to be the first ef to test out your intake. As to the dyno, there is a dyno in town, though i dont think i would be able to get any tuning in so basically it would be a bare bones before and after graph. If you need more information about my setup (pretty basic) let me know and I'll pm you with what ive got so far.

Originally posted by Import Builders+Jun 23 2004, 10:48 PM-->
yeah. Its like a backburner item for me until I can catch up on all the blocks I am building right now. I am really backed up. I really want to get 100 of those asap and get them all out to every person of this site if they want it. I think it would be cool to ship like 100 of them at once, and have like 100 dyno chart comparisons up on this site all within a week. it would be our little guiness book world record dyno comparo contest. lol.

Jeff

Phillip's got the link to this thread now, so you never know- you might be ordering 200 of these instead of 100.

:)

Guy
@Jun 24 2004, 12:05 AM
As to the dyno, there is a dyno in town, though i dont think i would be able to get any tuning in so basically it would be a bare bones before and after graph.

That's still an excellent comparison, and basically what my dyno chart compared... just before and after, without any major tuning going on in between. Most people who buy intakes aren't tuning their cars after swapping intakes anyway, so 2-3 pulls would be all you need to compare the two setups.

$200 for a 10whp gain throughout the RPM is a damn good price

im very interested to see what it will do vs the comptect icebox (preferably on an ITR engine ;) )

looks like IB has done it again :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 24 2004, 03:44 PM
CARB#? That's what I'm the most concerned with. From the looks, I really want one but can't run it in Cali without the CARB#...I want a Cali legal swap.

Just keep your stock one for when you have to get it smogged. Or if you want im sure i could show you a few local shops that wouldnt really care about an intake.

20 bucks an hp? thats badass. i dont think most any other mod adds up like that. silly emissions restrictions. everyone move to florida, they care not here. lol. jesus, i was thinkin it was crank hp with a gain like that, but thats whp? sheesh. ima go laydown while i think about all that. lol.

and the more mods you do, the better everything works together. thats frickin awesome.

does anyone at honda-tech know about this? or should we tell them? lol.

Back