IB Spec intake really works!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Blanco+Jun 24 2004, 03:44 PM-->
CARB#? That's what I'm the most concerned with. From the looks, I really want one but can't run it in Cali without the CARB#...I want a Cali legal swap.

CARB exemption numbers cost a LOT, and they are specific to each application. Jeff would have to get one for each engine/car setup, and that gets expensive. Talk to him if you want to see CARB certification. I don't think it's likely. Everything is illegal in California anyway- you need a certificate from the state to fart while walking along the beach.

Originally posted by Guy@Jun 24 2004, 03:59 PM
Just keep your stock one for when you have to get it smogged. Or if you want im sure i could show you a few local shops that wouldnt really care about an intake.

Yeah- just swap back to a stock intake... it's not hard, and it's not expensive or time consuming.

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 24 2004, 04:02 PM
20 bucks an hp? thats badass. i dont think most any other mod adds up like that. silly emissions restrictions. everyone move to florida, they care not here. lol. jesus, i was thinkin it was crank hp with a gain like that, but thats whp? sheesh. ima go laydown while i think about all that. lol.

and the more mods you do, the better everything works together. thats frickin awesome.

Yup, that's at the wheels. That was on a completely stock head with just a high compression bottom end too, so it even helps out when the head is the major restriction in your system. I didn't think that much would help me out until I upgraded the head internals, and this made quite an improvement.

nismogod
@Jun 24 2004, 04:02 PM
does anyone at honda-tech know about this? or should we tell them? lol.

I have no idea. If they don't know, let them wait... or maybe I'll post over there. I know that if I do, I'll have thousands of people trying to say why I'm wrong, why I don't know what I'm talking about, that I'm using someone else's dyno chart etc- basically, I would spend about 10 pages of a thread defending myself before anyone actually listened to me and thought that the numbers were real.

Can you tell that I don't really like posting on Honda-Tech? :lol:

I have no idea. If they don't know, let them wait... or maybe I'll post over there. I know that if I do, I'll have thousands of people trying to say why I'm wrong, why I don't know what I'm talking about, that I'm using someone else's dyno chart etc- basically, I would spend about 10 pages of a thread defending myself before anyone actually listened to me and thought that the numbers were real.

Can you tell that I don't really like posting on Honda-Tech?

only slightly. lol.

just outta curiousity, you think i might see larger gains on the h22 with 11:1 pistons, stock head, elite/bisi/prospeed header, clutch and flywheel? sorta a thread jack, and i apologize. but the assumption would be that on a better flowing engine, that makes more power initially, the results would be larger. Most mods, i think, are a percentage style of increase.

the intake represents ~3% increase in peak hp, in this situation, and ~5.8% increase in peak torque. hmm, badass.

i guess it might not be a percentage gain? i dunno, i'm so confused right now. lol. and amazed.

There's no easy way to tell. You can logically use a percentage comparison with engines that are similar to yours- but different components present different restrictions... so a percentage rule would just be a rough estimate at best.

Mine? Undisclosed amount of money for a pre-production version. :lol:

You'll have to take up the pricing with Jeff.

Those gains were on my JDM DC 4-1 header with the 2.5 inch collector.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 25 2004, 12:49 AM
Mine? Undisclosed amount of money for a pre-production version. :lol:

You'll have to take up the pricing with Jeff.

Oh ok. Did you get one of dem shirts, you likey?

I just sent them to him like a week ago. you want one? I have 5 extra here Ill send you one.. if he doesnt mind

please, I would like that. He is a good guy, a good person. We need more people like him in this industry. I mean that.

Lots of nice people in Texas. Real nice.

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jul 3 2004, 12:06 AM
please, I would like that. He is a good guy, a good person. We need more people like him in this industry. I mean that.

Jeff

He needs to contact me.

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jul 3 2004, 12:06 AM

Jeff

Thanks a ton Jeff! :thumbsup:

We need more people like you in this industry too. :)

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jul 3 2004, 09:21 AM
what about one for a 1989 240sx (KA24E)??? :)

p,leeeeeeeeeeezze. I 'll dyno before/after to see if there are even higher gains on a arger displacement motor

Back