ice on mars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's really needed for life?

coffee, ramen noodles, bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, ultra premium vodka, cigarettes, and sushi

thats about it

oh wait a sec.... boobs.... a life without boobs is not worth living

Not quite.

Titan has an excellent chance of supporting life, as it resembles a very young Earth, albeit a bit colder.

Europa is theorized to have liquid water beneath its frozen surface.

Enceladus has strong evidence for liquid water on its surface.

Mars really isn't the top of the list for our search for life. It's merely easy to get to :)

Yeah the easier to get to and warmer is mainly why I was saying, Cold kills germs Mars actually has the best chance for something to evolve if there is bacteria and water.. As for titan n' such, Those are jupiters moons right? That'd be a awesome view none the less! imagine sittin on the back porch of your superheated ecodome on one of jupiters moons drinkin a beer and taking in the mass of jupiter above you, probally couldnt see any space atall atleast 2 hours out of a day (How ever many hours would be in a day there..)

Yeah the easier to get to and warmer is mainly why I was saying, Cold kills germs Mars actually has the best chance for something to evolve if there is bacteria and water.. As for titan n' such, Those are jupiters moons right? That'd be a awesome view none the less! imagine sittin on the back porch of your superheated ecodome on one of jupiters moons drinkin a beer and taking in the mass of jupiter above you, probally couldnt see any space atall atleast 2 hours out of a day (How ever many hours would be in a day there..)

Titan is a moon of Saturn as is Enceladus and yes, what a beautiful view that would be.

Europa is Jupiter's, however. What keeps this planet's inside warm is the same thing making Io such a violent place that maps of the planet become obsolete in hours... Jupiter's massive gravitational effect. As it orbits, the planet is stretched and squished, heating it up just like bending a piece of metal over and over.

Fun fact: Io orbits close enough to Jupiter that energy will arc between the two. The radiation from this measures in the megarad range.

The Phoenix lander Twitters it's own discoveries from Mars... I get them sent to my cell phone. :)

Twitter / MarsPhoenix

My parents think it's great:

::buzz::
Mom: Who's that?
Me: Oh, just another message from Mars.
Mom: :eek:

Titan is a moon of Saturn as is Enceladus and yes, what a beautiful view that would be.

Europa is Jupiter's, however. What keeps this planet's inside warm is the same thing making Io such a violent place that maps of the planet become obsolete in hours... Jupiter's massive gravitational effect. As it orbits, the planet is stretched and squished, heating it up just like bending a piece of metal over and over.

Fun fact: Io orbits close enough to Jupiter that energy will arc between the two. The radiation from this measures in the megarad range.

So much for sailing a boat in that sea of tranquility then lol

Europa is Jupiter's, however. What keeps this planet's inside warm is the same thing making Io such a violent place that maps of the planet become obsolete in hours... .
All These Worlds
Are Yours Except
Europa
Do not Attempt
To Land There

wait wait wait ... i thought boys were from mars?!?! im pretty sure i learned that early in elementary school ...

Back