If you were in my shoes...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parents wont let me go to school out of town/state. im happy with the college im going to. i wont have to go carless, just get one with cheaper insurance. right now i pay $1200 every 6 months on the gsr.

flat out answer the "I'm the adult, you will listen to me" with "are your rules worth losing your son over?"

i like that...they would be shocked to hear me say that. lol.

must suck that your parents are still controlling you at your age. I wanna move out just cause I'd like some privacy and shit. My parents basically let me do what I please.

from what he talked about it sounds like he will move out, work everyday sometimes double shifts, take 1-3 classes a semester, no have health insurance, live in a dump and struggle to find time to balance, work, pleasure, and school. Essentially you will be back where you started from, no being able to do shit.

I say work it out with your rents, finish school, and then when you are financially secure "depends on your definition' then move out.

Back