Im getting a new car and..............

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know, it's not a real world driving situation, but it seems to be the current trend to post times of a cars lap on the Ring to justify it's handling capabilities.

You could look at lap times from tons of different tracks to verify that the Cobalt is a good hanling car. Albiet, most of the times are of Cobalts with modified suspensions.

Oh how I've missed your witty, yet sometimes unsettling sarcasm Celerity. :p It's good to be back lol.

Last edited:
I thought everyone lived that sort of life ?!

Nice cars get fucked with at college too. A buddy of mine has an e36 M, and its been keyed, the tires have been slashed, and the mirrors torn off by drunken assholes.

Ya he is right about that cause my friend had a Mint 99 Civic Si and it got keyed and hit on the same day (twice) purposely but we never knew who it was. Its pointless to bring a really nice new car to school cause people look at you like oh look at what daddy bought you. Then you find out the next day at school that your car got keyed with slashed tires.

To solve your problem just buy a Geo Metro, Ford Aspire, Honda CRX or Civic...ect cause that will save you a shit load of gas and your insurance will be a pretty decent price and no one really looks at those cars cause they probably drive one of them too :) Don't buy an S2K cause like everyone said your insurance will suck dick and I mean like a 24" dick no offense Shaq lmao but if your gonna go to the track get an older vehicle that has already been modified and im not saying get a 1988 but something not newer like 2002 :) and store that in a garage (if you have one) until you go to the track. Life isn't about having the nicest and fastest car so don't go that route.

Not to thread jack, but I know that it's natural to just type the shit that pops into your head.

I mean come on, no one knows this like Uncle Cel.

But Shaquille O'Neal's dick ? Is that the first thing that came to mind ?

Going with the trend yes, I agree, but you can't argue that GM is leaps and bounds better than what they were a couple years ago.
yea i can agree that gm is better than they used to be

yea i can agree that gm is better than they used to be

Linh just had a Cobalt rental car, I swear to god, the dashboard as with most interior pieces were made from the plastic playgrounds are made out of.

LittleTikes8in1AdjustablePlayground.jpg

I've NEVER felt a cheaper feeling car in my life.

BTW it was a 2007

your gonna go to the track get an older vehicle that has already been modified and im not saying get a 1988 but something not newer like 2002

What's wrong with an 88?

I'd much rather have an 88 Civic for an auto-cross car than an 02 Civic...lighter, easier to work on, more parts available, full double-wishbone suspension...

I have YET to own a car made in the 2000s. Hell, I've only owned 2 cars made in the 90s.

an 88 is practically new to me. It's got things like Fuel Injection. Fancy.

What's wrong with an 88?

I'd much rather have an 88 Civic for an auto-cross car than an 02 Civic...lighter, easier to work on, more parts available, full double-wishbone suspension...

There is nothing wrong with 88??? Just didn't want to make him feel like he is being out dated here lol thats all. It is true, you can find a lot more parts available for older vehicles and less parts for newer vehicles. We had to go through that shit in our Auto Class. BTW I think I got our class thing mixed up. Class's I was referring were licenses but I was think they were for cars. My mistake......Did you say Steak???? No I said mistake. Oh now you got me all fired up :) Name that movie!!!!!

All licenses for conventional cars, from Geos to McLarens, are Class C or whatever it is in your area.

<-Never owned anything newer than 1990, but have drove newer cars. Cheap FTW!

I don't think I will ever own a brand new car. The value drops rediculously as soon as you drive it off the lot. My cousin bought a cobalt for 16k new, and traded it in six months and 4k miles later for 12k.

Ive bought one car new (that i forgot to list on another post ;/)... 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege. Eight months later... reposessed ;x They refused to fix a transmission mount that was under warranty. I refused to make another payment until they fixed it. Three months later...::poof::

Back