Im...Im....Thinking about going Mac....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m with a 1.6GHz Pentium M (Centrino) 1GB of RAM, XP Pro and a 15.4" display. My new job is doing Mac tech support for a DSL Company (cant say which) and im starting to like them. Any Mac freaks that can tell me what OS X runs well with. I dont do gaming anymore, just HS, E-Mail, Chat, Blah blah...boring stuff. Im just falling for the Mac and i want to know what to buy.

I was actually just looking at the plain jane MacBook with the 13" display, 1.83GHz processor and 512MB of RAM. If im correct, that would not only get me on the internet, but allow me to play a lil Unreal (if the need came up) and probably edit a lil bit of video with iMovie. Anyone have any reason why I should go with something else (aside from the fact that its a Mac). At first i thought the 13" screen would be a lil small, but after seeing my friend's MacBook (G4) i decided that i could live with it.

I unno, i gotta go to sleep...work at 7am (YEAH!!! GOOD LORD!)

Id go for it, if your gonna have a job involving mac's then you might as well have one and know it inside and out. I would find it odd if a mac support guy walked up to me with a dell and said yeah I actually dont own a mac.

13" display? who makes it, Tandy?

you're eyes will hate you.

I wouldn't even consider buying anything less than 17" widescreen anymore.

its a mac...who do you think makes it. Its just a plain MacBook and not a MacBook Pro (15-17" screen).

I really dont have the free cash for anything more than just a normal Mac book (if i did, my head for the lude would be finished, and i would have the nitrous system).

I have the 2.0GHz MacBook, well worth it. It has been an awesome machine so far. Bought it the day it came out. I love the 13 inch screen, perfect for travel. I got it with 2GB of RAM and an 80GB HD. I also just bought a 100GB SATA Hard Drive off newegg for it. There is a noticable performance difference between the 1.83 and 2.0GHz.
I installed Windows on this macbook, but I uninstalled it as I never used it after the initial install.
I am hooked right now on Apple Products, I have a PowerMac G5, two Apple 20 inch cinema displays, my macbook, 12 inch PowerBook, 20inch G5 iMac, an old PowerMac G4 (OS X Server), and four iPods. No complaints from me at all.

holy mac freak batman....i think ill still have a pc after this, but after todays class, Mac is looking more appealing for everyday use.

The only people that scream and yell about how much macs suck are either 1) Stupid, or 2) have never used one. I really like the build quality and slickness of Mac's and I like the upgradeability and customization availabe from PC's. Arguing one way or the other is just stupid. Therefore my vote is go for it!

who the fuck names their internet program "safari"?? I'm not shooting elephants or tigers, i just want to look at naked girls.

Seany-izzle said:
who the fuck names their internet program "safari"?? I'm not shooting elephants or tigers, i just want to look at naked girls.
:lmao:

Back