I'm on strike.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stirkes suck. Unions suck. i don't think i will ever work for a company with a union.

if you aren't happy with how you're getting paid or treated, FIND A NEW FUCKING JOB. ugh.

that's not directed at you clayton... im just saying.

unions were great in the 20s and 30s when people were stupid underpaid and had no rights... but in today's marketplace, IMO, all it does it hold things back.

Quoted post[/post]]
so how long can you stay on strike before your mortgage ass fucks you?

about a month....I got this months mortgage money in the bank now, and when I get the last peice of papper for my taxes, then I can file them...and that should cover some bills and next months mortgage....if I can get it on time...but the wife also has something stashed away.

And I was going to use the ratification bonus, vacation pay, sick pay, and the tax return for a trip to Japan, and possibly find another car to play with. :mad: and a set of chairs that the wife wanted for Xmas... :ph34r:

unions were great in the 20s and 30s when people were stupid underpaid and had no rights... but in today's marketplace, IMO, all it does it hold things back.

tell that to the thousands of people trying to make ends meet while working at walmart with no benefits...

its the same in all situations... there are always union folk who abuse it and give it a bad name...

And I was going to use the ratification bonus, vacation pay, sick pay, and the tax return for a trip to Japan, and possibly find another car to play with. and a set of chairs that the wife wanted for Xmas...
:doh:
has your union ever had a strike before? and if so for how long?
health insurance companies are royally ass raping americans, and health insurance has a great deal of influence on all the strikes so far this year...

Quoted post[/post]]
tell that to the thousands of people trying to make ends meet while working at walmart with no benefits...

its the same in all situations... there are always union folk who abuse it and give it a bad name...

i thought walmart had a union?

Sikorsky had a strike like 43 years ago...and since then...none...

and how long that last strike was...I have no clue.

i thought walmart had a union?
walmart would rather close a store at the first sign of a union movement rather than deal with a union...

closing a store to avoid a union forming...? hmmm
you think they treat their workers fairly...?

In the United States, only one group of Wal-Mart employees has successfully organized. In February 2000 ten meatcutters in Jacksonville, Texas, voted 7 to 3 to unionize their tiny bargaining unit. Two weeks later, Wal-Mart abruptly eliminated their jobs by switching to prepackaged meat and assigning the butchers to other departments, effectively abolishing the only union shop on its North American premises. After more than three years, in June 2003, a federal labor judge ruled this move illegal and ordered Wal-Mart to restore the department and recognize the butchers' bargaining unit. Wal-Mart has appealed that decision.
article dated june 2004, not sure on present day figures

and how long that last strike was...I have no clue.
i hope for your sake they can end it quickly...
at least you don't have kids... :cry:

walmart doesnt have unions, but out of all the jobs ive had, they did have the best benefits.

The thing about walmart is nobody is forcing the people to work there, they could go get a better job.

And to Airjockie im sorry to hear about the strike bro, but i cant stand unions.

The thing about walmart is nobody is forcing the people to work there, they could go get a better job.
bahahhaha, have you seen the people working at walmart?
i think thats the pinnacle of their career

i still want to get a job there and completely fuck off to see how long it takes to get fired...

Quoted post[/post]]
walmart doesnt have unions, but out of all the jobs ive had, they did have the best benefits.
not always true in the smaller communities when the super walmarts come in and run everyone alse in town out of business, there fore the people in the town don't have any other place to get a job. my hometown is actually fighting that from happening right now. the town is pretty much divided as far as opinions on it, because it would allow them to go to one place and get everything at cheaper prices, but on the other hand it would most likely run the local grocery stores, that are still family owned, out of business.

not always true in the smaller communities when the super walmarts come in and run everyone alse in town out of business, there fore the people in the town don't have any other place to get a job. my hometown is actually fighting that from happening right now. the town is pretty much divided as far as opinions on it, because it would allow them to go to one place and get everything at cheaper prices, but on the other hand it would most likely run the local grocery stores, that are still family owned, out of business.
are you drunk again?
what is it that you;re stating is not always true?

i dont really understand the whole picket line thing....

I pay $105 A WEEK for insurance for me, the wife, & the baby.

My company has 401k with NO matching...

My company has NO profit sharing...

Sikorsky sounds like a kickass place to work. I understand the points of pickets, but at the same time, some of those people should think about how GOOD they have it... $2k a year after all is said and done for insurance? I pay $5500 a year, and it goes up 7-12% every year.

But yet my company has caps on raises of 0-5%... So basically, if you get a max raise, you can ALMOST compensate for the increase in the annual health insurance costs...

http://walmartwatch.com/

yup....Most of the employee's at Sik has been there since the late 80's...only with-in the last 4-5 years ago have they hired any new blood. I was hired the day before 9-11...been there since...and from all my last jobs...I have never had the security that I have now....but this strike does suck...but I can also under stand a lot of the other guys that have 2 mortgages, trying to put a kid or two thru college, or has 2-3 little one still running around in elementry school...they do need the breaks in the insurance....

Quoted post[/post]]
are you drunk again?
what is it that you;re stating is not always true?
sorry i meant to quote whoever said that the people could just go get a better job. and no i am not drunk, since the DUI i have turned to DXM as my recreational drug :)

Quoted post[/post]]
but I can also under stand a lot of the other guys that have 2 mortgages, trying to put a kid or two thru college, or has 2-3 little one still running around in elementry school...they do need the breaks in the insurance....

I pay 2868 + 96 for health and dental each year-- FOR ME ONLY. with $50 co-pays for almost everything.

401k? 0 match.
stock options? profit sharing? notta.
paid overtime? ROFL! yeah right.
pay my college? nope.

as noah said, they have no idea how good they have it and should stop fucking whining and get back to work. But thats my .02.

In this day and age they should just be lucky they still have a job in the U.S.

I'm not going to bitch about what I pay for insurance or any of the other benefits that I get because mine are decent, at least for now, but since I've been here my med. ins. costs have risen 50% (almost 4 years).

Quoted post[/post]]
http://walmartwatch.com/

but I can also under stand a lot of the other guys that have 2 mortgages, trying to put a kid or two thru college, or has 2-3 little one still running around in elementry school...they do need the breaks in the insurance....

There are plenty of other people in this world that do the same thing without a union. My .02

Back