I'm thinking about starting a team

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i'm thinking about starting show and go car team. i'm looking for any thoughts on guidelines, requirements, and any basic advice or suggestions on how to run it.

most of the "car clubs" around here are up for about a month then they all just quit hanging out....basicaly thats all these kids did, the started a club witht their stock cars. (some had stickers) and hung out.

Our club has been around for a while. A year in February. We hang out and shit, help each other with our cars. No dues or anything. Those are ghey. We do collect money to keep our website up and all that intardnet stuff up. We go to the track and are all friends...that's it really. Oh and we all ride to the track together is succession. All the rednecks are amazed as we drive by. :p

Oh yeah...
Import Addictons
Yes, I know. I drive a Dodge...Motor by Mitsu tho...that counts.

Klubs, krewz, and teams (with the eception of a team that actually knows shit, spends a lot of money, and wins races) are fucking gay. They're all support groups for people who need to be told their cars are cool to feel better about themselves. If you wanna hang out with car buddies, organize meets, BBQs, or fun drive/ gokart days.

:withstupid:

a bunch of my old friends started up a car club ... it was the gayest shit on the plannet .... maybe 3 cars had shit done to them ... none of them were fast... none of them were show quality... it was just an excuse to put stickers on their cars

when they asked me to join i laughed and told them to fuck off

if you are a group of friends that happen to like cars and hang out together... then be just that... a group of friends that like cars and hang out together
stickers or a "name" wont make you any closer... it just gives other people and cops a reason to fuck with you more

The only reason we have stickers is to advertise the website. It's not a big sticker, just about 2" by 12". Just importaddictions.com. That's all. All the people in town who promote their "club", are mostly the neon tube kids. Anyway...
Start your club if you feel like it, get_nick. People will hate regardless.

in my personal opinion, teams do suck and almost always end up in some type of drama. the only give respect to a few teams out there and thats cause they've been around for years, win shows and make cover on magazines.

other than that, i agree with the rest of everyone above... just organize meets.bbq's etc etc

SPODA B

so what would you think of a car club/race team with a 90 Integra LS w/ LS/VTEC (Brian/LeanMeanMarine), 89 Civic Hatch w/ B16 (me), a 94 accord w/H22 (pat), a 00 Turbo Civic (shane), and a 90 CRX w/B18C (brandon). currently scouting two asian brothers with a couple of EG's w/B18C5's, and a guy named Ming w/ 91 Si w/B16 swap and turbo.

well thats were our team is at right now. and pretty much were just a small team around kansas city that races and known for have fairly quick hondas. our overall hope is to open a shop in KC or if possible FL. we have fairly harsh rules against rice or cheap shit bought at auto zone. we absolutly do NOT tolerate being stupid, no meaningless burnouts or wreckless driving. we all are mature drivers and know there is a time and a place to race. and it just kinda nice having a tight group of friends that colectively have great connections and knoledge of hondas. all we really want is some local respect. and we are all fairly intrested in autoX there just isn't alot of it around the KCMO area.

Race Teams arn't ghey if held to the right standards and have members that are mature, respnsible, and understanding. IMO

ok heres a few more reasons i say fuck clubs/teams/stickers that associate you with someone else

lets say, you are the kind of person that pretty much just minds their own business and dosent ever start shit... some of the tools in your club/team/whatever are the type of shit heads that like to talk shit/ start shit/ just do dumb shit... so they are out somewhere and start some shit with someone... now later on the person they started shit with sees your car wearing the same sticker as the fuckers that were fucking with him before... automaticly a connection is made with you and that other fuck... so now one of a few hings can/will happen... hes gunna start some shit with you... or hes gunna fuck with your car... because he figures you are that kids "boy" and the "message" will get back to him

now lets talk about that one fuck that always is around that you cant fuckin stand... everyone else seems to like him, but for whatever reason he just pisses you off... now when he is your team/club mate you have to be around that fuck all the damn time

now lets talk about the p0-p0... they really dont like shit like this... it automaticly looks like gang shit to them... so they start fuckin with you more... or at least keeping an eye on you more... either way its not good... then there is the association with other fuckin idiots who may be in your club/team/whatever... one of them fucks up and does something ... now the cops are all over your ass too just cuz you associate with them

i am all for hanging out with like minded people with similar interests and doing shit together (meets, BBQs, cruising, whatever).... but once you start making an advertised connection between yourselves you will only bring drama

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 16 2004, 09:27 PM
ok heres a few more reasons i say fuck clubs/teams/stickers that associate you with someone else

lets say, you are the kind of person that pretty much just minds their own business and dosent ever start shit... some of the tools in your club/team/whatever are the type of shit heads that like to talk shit/ start shit/ just do dumb shit... so they are out somewhere and start some shit with someone... now later on the person they started shit with sees your car wearing the same sticker as the fuckers that were fucking with him before... automaticly a connection is made with you and that other fuck... so now one of a few hings can/will happen... hes gunna start some shit with you... or hes gunna fuck with your car... because he figures you are that kids "boy" and the "message" will get back to him

now lets talk about that one fuck that always is around that you cant fuckin stand... everyone else seems to like him, but for whatever reason he just pisses you off... now when he is your team/club mate you have to be around that fuck all the damn time

now lets talk about the p0-p0... they really dont like shit like this... it automaticly looks like gang shit to them... so they start fuckin with you more... or at least keeping an eye on you more... either way its not good... then there is the association with other fuckin idiots who may be in your club/team/whatever... one of them fucks up and does something ... now the cops are all over your ass too just cuz you associate with them

i am all for hanging out with like minded people with similar interests and doing shit together (meets, BBQs, cruising, whatever).... but once you start making an advertised connection between yourselves you will only bring drama

we have no stickers (and now probably ever will), the only way we are really associated is because we all show up and leave at the same time. so we don't have to really worry about people fucking with our cars.

and we all try to be respectful of each other. if someone wants something done there way only then others wont help unless they ask specifically for us to do something. ex. stablizing and engine during swap, or holding shit out of the way.

all i can say is SO FAR its all been good, i just hope it stays that way.

see what you are doing is pretty much what i described last in that rant

you are pretty much just a group of friends with similar interests that like to hang out together

hmmm...

Teams- I would agree with E, as usual

I still hang out with the same peeps, regardless of ride quality, there is just too much other shit to worry about and life is too short :)

ya im with brian...

listen to rap music and start a gang.

who knows? if you guys do it the right way you can make alot of money....

loansharking, mail fraud, pyramid schemes, gambling, protection for hire.....

or you could be like every other fucktard gang member out there and just hang out get high and pretend to be a bad ass....

if i was to start a gang, it would be a mafia and we would do shit like loansharking, gambling and protection for hire.

:p

I personally would be a PIMP and have lots o' bitches -n- ho's.

Oh, and the whole team thing, teams are for gay sports like football where all the "teammates" play the "pass the std around in the shower" game.

Friends are what matter in life. So just hang out with your FRIENDS, not TEAM, because the whole "team" thing will become an issue one way or another.

EXAMPLE:
"I created this team, not you!"
"Na uh! It was my idea in the first place!"
"Well fine then, I'm not your lifelong bestest friend anymore!"
"Well at least I still have the "TEAM". Say goodbye to me and the rest of the HYPER HOMO RUTHLESS RICKETY RICER ROCKET G-UNIT ASS BALLIN MUTHAFUCKN SUPER SQUAD!!!"

But you're going to do what you want so enjoy. :D

Back