Insurance ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When i hit a deer my insurance told me "We cover you for what you had at the time of the accident" so instead of paying me for regular headlights they payed me for my broken projector headlights....so on and so on. I asked "what if i had a body kit?" and he told me the same thing "We cover you for what you had at the time of the accident"

both tylonalsnifnfool and ahedau are right! last year i wreck my toyota and they paid too replace a $285 rim,my shaved 4x4front fender,4x4chrome grille/bumper($650)and replace my drop spindle and lower control arm includeing the airride airbag and mounts and had to replace my door and reshave the handle off of it and replace the rocker panel and a new bed side and paint the whole truck deu to that the paint would have never been able to have been matched then had to shave the tail light off the bed side and reweld my tailgate/rollpan skin to that bed side.................and then i was canceled......why.......highrisk(extreme body mods=unsafe vechile)simpley because my truck had adjustable suspension,no rear bumper/factory impact support,clear l.e.d brake lights,no front turn signals and had been bodydropped.and because they could!..best advise is to look to the american hot rod insurance company.insure anything for any amount...

Like I said, this ain't no pissin' contest but...

I'm licensed to settle claims in 17 states; from Florida to Michigan, Oklahoma to Tennessee...I've been writing new business or adjusting claims in those 17 states for over 10 years. I have completed Claims Law and 3 of the 10 CPCU courses. I've answered DOI complaints & been called to too many depo's w/ regards to claims handling.

I KNOW what the general DOI requirements are and what MY contract provisions spell out. I also KNOW that every company writes & files its on contract with the state's DOI in which it does business and the state statutes overrule the policy provisions. I have also learned that you NEVER use absolutes when talking about insurance.

My post were to a more general audiance than just Cali or Allstate insureds. The things I discussed are factual and based on actual claims handling and underwriting (non-renewals) for which I have directly handled in a great number, if not all, of those 17 states.

IMO you need to stick to answering YOUR insured's questions as to how ALLSTATE does business in CALIFORNIA. Your apparent area of expertise.

Back