Insurance ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloazcrx

My wifes sister just totalled our 93 2-door Accord. I was just wondering if anyone knew what value adjusters used to determine what a car is worth?

Either way, not a big deal. Bought a 2001 Ford Mustang GT last night!

too bad about the accord totalled, i have no idea what the answer is to ur question

but...nice buy on the stang, i like em. im looking into putting a down payment on a new gto, also buying a eg hatchie to play with, when i get back from AIT

I want a GTO so bad but it's out of my price range so I decided on the GT. Already had a BBK CAI, Steeda exhaust, Steeda short shifter and shift knob!

It's nice feeling torque again.....

Most insurance companies use proprietary databases and systems to determine value of the vehicle. In a lot of cases, the value will be determined by your insurance company.

Originally posted by lowandslow+Jul 19 2004, 08:09 AM-->
too bad about the accord totalled, i have no idea what the answer is to ur question

but...nice buy on the stang, i like em. im looking into putting a down payment on a new gto, also buying a eg hatchie to play with, when i get back from AIT
[post=365132]Quoted post[/post]​

GTOs are overrated... not even die hard Pontiac/GTO fans like the new ones. However, with a good driver they run with Mach Is (mid to low 13s)

sloazcrx
@Jul 19 2004, 08:13 AM
It's nice feeling torque again.....
[post=365135]Quoted post[/post]​

If you wanted some torque you should have bought a 2000-02 LS1 Z28/SS. 325-345 ft lbs > 302 ft lbs

pontiac/gto fans werent impressed by the new gto? i wonder how come.
i think the car looks good, sorta grand am'esq but its a pontiac. and a 350hp v8, sign me up.
i dont think theyre overrated, so some ppl dont like em...pontiac didnt come outta the gates exploding in their dockers about how awesome they are. what are the other 2 cars are offering now...a supercharged 270hp and..i dont remember. pontiac is throwing some serious performance at us. ill get a gto.

GTO fans were unimpressed because it's not an american car. GM just took the Holden (GM brand out of Aus) sport coupe, stuffed a V8 into it and rebadged it as the GTO... sneaky GM...

GTO's are not all that i ran with one before i got my car supercharged....we were driving down Rattesnake mountain heading onto route 6 and he told me to go with him off the line...he pulled out alil in front of me, he had a 6spd and a brand new car i had an auto with 85k.... it took all of about 3 seconds to pass him out......that shoulda made those cars with beefier engines....

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jul 19 2004, 02:53 PM
GTO's are not all that i ran with one before i got my car supercharged....we were driving down Rattesnake mountain heading onto route 6 and he told me to go with him off the line...he pulled out alil in front of me, he had a 6spd and a brand new car i had an auto with 85k.... it took all of about 3 seconds to pass him out......that shoulda made those cars with beefier engines....
[post=365350]Quoted post[/post]​

It's funny you say that because it has a 350 hp LS1, which is the direct replacement to the C4 LT1 in the C5 you know... He was probably just getting used to the feel of his new car, and you're probably not stock... since LT1 Corvettes fastest times were ...

1992 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.7 14.1
1993 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.3 13.9
1994 Chevrolet Corvette LT1(auto) 5.5 14.1
1995 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.2 13.7

A GTO with a driver that knows his car would cream your LT1 stock for stock...but since you're not stock, whoopty. ;)

Most insurance companies use NADA to determine the value of the car, not KBB.com. Depending on the company, if the cost of damages exceed 70-80% of the vehicles value it's totaled and sold to a salvage yard or back to the owner if requested. Its better off totaled cause once its near that cutoff (80%) they start cutting corners by using aftermarket parts and reducing labor times from the techs.

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jul 19 2004, 02:53 PM

well, the new gto (stock) puts out about the same numbers as ur vette does, are those figures in ur sig after the procharger? no point to that really, just noticing.

but, theres a huge difference between a close ratio 6spd and a 4 speed automatic. gearing is key. get me in that car, and i dont thin u would pass me. i think a 350hp/365 ft. lbs. is a pretty fucking beffy engine if u ask me

Originally posted by lowandslow+Jul 19 2004, 05:09 PM-->
corvetteguy
@Jul 19 2004, 02:53 PM
GTO's are not all that i ran with one before i got my car supercharged....we were driving down Rattesnake mountain heading onto route 6 and he told me to go with him off the line...he pulled out alil in front of me, he had a 6spd and a brand new car  i had an auto with 85k.... it took all of about 3 seconds to pass him out......that shoulda made those cars with beefier engines....

well, the new gto (stock) puts out about the same numbers as ur vette does, are those figures in ur sig after the procharger? no point to that really, just noticing.

but, theres a huge difference between a close ratio 6spd and a 4 speed automatic. gearing is key. get me in that car, and i dont thin u would pass me. i think a 350hp/365 ft. lbs. is a pretty fucking beffy engine if u ask me
[post=365408]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll take a rat motor any day... 454... w00t :eek:

Seriously, my friend's got a '86 Jag XJS with a 460... DAAAAMN.

Originally posted by dveit@Jul 19 2004, 09:49 PM
The only pontiac worth buying is a WS6 IMO.

air suckin' ass kicker. :)
[post=365511]Quoted post[/post]​

After you buy the ram air lid... the ram air didn't work from the factory on LS1 WS6s. ;)

[post=365408]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Those numbers in my sig,361/379 are after the procharger, and they are also Dyno numbers...not Flywheel like the GTO is advertising..My fly wheel numbers with the supercharger would be 429hp 445tq..The numbers for the GTO on a Dyno would be 298hp 310tq assuming the average 15% power loss through the drive train..My Dyno Numbers before i got the prochager my second time Dynoing were 274/301....But like i said this encoutner was before i got the Procharger installed.....Keep in mind the GTO weighs around 3770 and my car ways around 3317

HP/Tq are not everything.....Look at the Motor Trend Comparison of the 2003 Supercharged Mustang Cobra Vs A 2003 Corvette Convertible.....2003 Vette outperforms the Mustang in every category(except the mustang is faster at getting the convertible top down by a whopping 4.4 seconds over the vette) and the stang has 395hp compared the vettes 345...

IMO the GTO is meant to be one of those "Holy damn!" cars... you know the ones - awesome on paper but kinda flawed on the street...

Back