Insurance ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 20 2004, 10:28 AM
IMO the GTO is meant to be one of those "Holy damn!" cars... you know the ones - awesome on paper but kinda flawed on the street...
[post=365687]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

yea, i know what ur saying..absolutely. and ur right, bhp and whp. i wasnt thinking of that, but i wasnt trying to get at anything either :)

My wifes sister just totalled our 93 2-door Accord. I was just wondering if anyone knew what value adjusters used to determine what a car is worth?

[/threadjack]

Insurance companies (most) use a service known as CCC to obtain the local retail value of a vehicle at the time of loss. It is VERY similar to a house appraisal. It looks for cars like yours in the area with similar options and gives a high, mid & lo value. Depending on your car's pre-existing condition, the appraisor will offer the lo, mid or hi value.

If the vehicle is old, 1993 2-door Accord for example, they will go by the NADA retail value and deduct for mileage plus pre-existing damage then add taxes & fees to come up with an offer.

...they start cutting corners by using aftermarket parts...

most all repairs on older vehicles (3+ years) are done using aftermarket parts of like kind & quality in order to keep your insurance rates lower not to cut corners.

[threadjack]

Originally posted by ahedau@Jul 21 2004, 12:14 AM
[threadjack]

IMO, the new GTO has nothing going for it visually, it looks like a Ford Taurus to me. :shrug2: They should have introduced an updated look of the old GTO, like Ford did with the new Mustang.

[/threadjack]

...they start cutting corners by using aftermarket parts...

most all repairs on older vehicles (3+ years) are done using aftermarket parts of like kind & quality in order to keep your insurance rates lower not to cut corners.

[threadjack]
[post=366106]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me rephrase: If your car is close to being totaled, odds are you will get your car back with aftermarket parts that fit like shit and are of lower quality than OEM parts.

Let me rephrase: If your car is close to being totaled, odds are you will get your car back with aftermarket parts that fit like shit and are of lower quality than OEM parts.

we call those parts 'salvage parts'

they are actually OEM parts but are off an already totaled car that has been sitting in some salvage yard for God knows how long before you needed them to save some $ getting your vehicle repaired.

Some shops try to use these rather than the aftermarket parts on the estimate and not tell the insurance company nor the owner. That's why we reinspect PRIOR to paint

Back