Intake Manifolds..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20_silver

My b20b's intake manifold(the so called "giraffe) is of course way to tall for the hood, so Im in the search for one. A few questions if u will:
this is for a '97 b20

Can I use an older LS intake manifold?
Can I reuse some of the sensors off the b20's?
Will any of the other manifolds(b18c, b16a, etc.) fit on the head?

Are you trying to put a complete longblock in? In What car is it going into, and why not use a B16/B18 head with that heead's manifolds?

Cause that is a lot more work. :)

The older LS manifold will bolt up, but I am not sure if it will have all the sensors that your OBD2 IM had (I believe it does but can't promise). You should just get the Skunk2 LS IM and move all your sensors over. Unfortunately none of the the VTEC IM's will fit your head without modification, the Skunk2 would be much easier.

I dont know if this helps you guys any but I put a dol sol vtec manifold on my b16a1 in crx and it used all the sensors except the sol manifold didn't have a place for the FIT valve.

Originally posted by lsvtec@May 18 2003, 07:44 PM

The older LS manifold will bolt up, but I am not sure if it will have all the sensors that your OBD2 IM had (I believe it does but can't promise).

If he uses a 96-99 it should work fine.

If he uses the 96-99 manifold there is no worries, but the OBD1 manifolds are a different question.

Im keeping the b20b no vtec.
In other words, VTEC IM's will fit with mods, and stay in 96-98 obdII?

OBDII will work for sure, I don't know about an older manifold. If you an afford it go Skunk2.

Any of the LS manifolds B18A up will bolt on. You'll just have to put the missing or different sensors from the B20 manifold on an OBD0 or OBD1 manifold. For the $ it's better to just get a Skunk IM and put the B20 sensors on it.

Back