it takes a real asshole to buy this...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say like my pimpology teacher!!!!! it looks better from behind

I aint even bout to break out reciepts. I know what I spent on it over da years. There was no competition on parts pricing like there is with hondas n such. There was literally only 2 sites to choose from. Shit wasnt cheap. 3 transmissions and fixing the body n frame 3 times ontop of that. It aint hard to figure it out

you'd think after the second tranny to get rid of that crap pile.. but some of us just have more common sense..

you'd think after the second tranny to get rid of that crap pile.. but some of us just have more common sense..

Nahh dude, there was a point for about a month i almost gave up on it.. but I couldnt help but see the potential left in it.. plus I got pretty damn atached to it.. you know how that can be.. it wasnt that old of a car and only had 50k miles on it.. It was fun at any rate.. Only thing I regret is letting people take advantage of me and screwing my shit up.. All that was left to be done was paint.. I even shaved the handles.. it was a good learning experience

I got it in 2001/2002 and it was a 97 that was pulled behind some old folks RV.. thats how most the miles on it even got there.. and I got it for 3 Grand.. Had to jump on that.. It never woulda been much even after doing everything imaginable to it.. I've never seen a saturn with that kinda shit done to it.. I had a goal to be unique, but it just wasnt a car that shuold be done ... never again..

Dunno how you managed to afford all that n'only 25yrs old.. I need your job lol.. . Dont drop that full coverage down, lol that would totally suck to loose that...

I work, I had a built sleeved motor turbo civic at 18 and bought my 350Z at 20, I don't drink outside of my little home bar, I don't smoke, I don't go out often to clubs/bars.

My car has 19 x 9.5" wheels on the rear and 19x8.5 on the front, the car is lowered.
lowered to the point where in order to get it off the ground I have to run the front wheels up onto boards, then use 2 special dollies that lift the rear tires
http://www.toolshop.com.au/Images/vp8370h12-1.jpg click for picture, those suckers were like 125 a pop =( once the rear is off the ground I have to use my jacks to lift the car from the rear end, once the rear is up I can mount jack stands under the rear control arms where they meet the frame. Then I can jack the front of the car up using the normal jack points then put jack stands up front.

fun times for calibrating the O2 sensor and oil changes.

For the record my car sits around 2.5" off the ground.

as far as my job goes I work at a pizza place. also have lived on my own for going on 4? years. no roommates just myself... well now I support my gf so the both of us.

I spend too much of my money on stupid shit that I dont need to be able to afford a new car, but Im happy with my 2 projects. :)

I'm like newb here man. I screwed around n blew to much money, lost to many jobs and support my daughter to the best of my ability beings how she's 50/50 between me n my ex.. Jeffie man. You definatly got some will power. That awesome man. Never woulda thought anyone could get that much outa a pizza job. Ive tried and tried to deliver pizzas in the past. But Ive always got 1 or 2 to many tickets to get hired on.

And 2.5 off the ground, dizzammm. Man how do you get around on the streets. One lil pothole dip or speed bumps gonna crack that bumper all to hell. But I'm sure from what u said hour yourself you baby it around town because of that fact. I member one of my g/fs integra, when I roled with Demented Concepts she was sitting bout the same on 18's and bodykit. She flipped out on me when I drove over a r/r crossing. I went over them 1wheel at a time. Not even 5mph. I knew better. And she still flipped out. Needless to say she was crazy n I couldnt stick with her long after that..

Anyways man. Glad we could talk better today. We just all need to clarify stuff alil better b4 jumping to conclusions next time. Everything will always be all fine n dandy then :)

he has a TL Type S too.. i think thats his daily driver.. and a street bike too if i'm not mistaken

he has a TL Type S too.. i think thats his daily driver.. and a street bike too if i'm not mistaken

damn.. If I coulda been more responsible, I had a chance so many times.. always fucked it up one way or another.. Stupid..

Yup, my two passions and a few misc. hobbies did a good job of eatin my money. Thats ok tho, I was a kid havin fun and I wouldnt go back and change it for the world. But, now its time for me to grow up, Ive got a kid on the way and I want he/she to have all the oppertunities I did, plus many more.

nah not a type S just a normal TL with the 270hp and brembo brakes. bike is an 07 GSX-R1000.
bottom line, don't piss your money away and you can have some nice toys.

As far as my Z goes, I take it out, I have a blast in it, get sideways almost every time I have it out. it's nothing more then a toy, so I play with it, once I'm done with it, I put it up, clean it, then it sits till I'm ready to play with it again. As far as driving over stuff, it will rub on most anything, the slightest dip in a parking lot will cause it to rub, so I'm always planning a head when it comes to taking it out, if I go somewhere I know has a bad road or parking lot, I wont take the Z.

oh yea.. it was Hosmer w/ the CL-S.. i knew someone had an S

I take it out, I have a blast in it, get sideways almost every time I have it out. it's nothing more then a toy, so I play with it, once I'm done with it, I put it up, clean it, then it sits till I'm ready to play with it again.

Thats exactlly how I treat my g/f. Hahahaha

a S and a Z :)

once I get the new house in order and after the wedding (next week :eek:) I'll get serious w/the Z (any maybe finish something else)

man you sure have a lot of time on ur hand to write that much.
this thread must live on....

And an added 2 inch drop with a 1 inch gain on the rim size would only be a 1 inch drop. Right at where it couldn't go any bigger or lower cause then it would run into clearance issues.

Actually, that gives you even more clearance issues... you dropped the car 2 inches, then you filled in 1 inch of gap with more wheel and tire. You still have the same suspension geometry problem- but less clearance inside the wheel well. Sure, you're farther off the ground, but you still have issues with that kind of setup.

I was talkin bout jeffie on "The Ringer"... Johnny knocksville Movie..

Xanax bad. One of my high school buddies played a cheerleader in The Ringer. She looks good in a short skirt. :D

Actually, that gives you even more clearance issues... you dropped the car 2 inches, then you filled in 1 inch of gap with more wheel and tire. You still have the same suspension geometry problem- but less clearance inside the wheel well. Sure, you're farther off the ground, but you still have issues with that kind of setup.

Xanax bad. One of my high school buddies played a cheerleader in The Ringer. She looks good in a short skirt. :D

Yeah Xanax are terrible, I've been to many friends family.. and myself get in way to much trouble cause of that F'it mentality they put you into.. Baaaad stuff! Thats why I dont even bother trying to get anything for my anxiety and panic attacks.. I'd rather deal with it.. and as far ar the drop issue.. I just think it could use about an extre 2 inches filled in the wheel well.. but I"m done talkin bout all that hehe, with the RWD Squat issue it propably needs that space to play with when the back end sets down.. I can see where that would affect a rwd.. these are dubs though on there.. I was just thinking it looks like stock rim size and most cars you'd slam some 18"s on when stock it came with 14"S / 15"s.. ofcourse the profile of the tires always equals that out in most cases.. I feel a though

Yeah jeffie your right man, a 1 inch drop would all it would need.. unless you didnt drop it and ran 22"s with like a 210/35/22r tire.. I've seen alot of 22's though and the difference between 22's and 20's seems like a bigger jump than say an 18 to a 20.. same difference but looks like alot more..

Attachments

• Just got out 201.jpg
    Just got out 201.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 213
Do keep in mind, the stock offset on the wheels is lame, even if you were to put spacers on the stock wheels, they'd fill the wheel wells that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back