JDM b18c swap into Integra LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no2unenolife

Hi guys, I have a dilemma.
So I brought my car to this shop to install a
97 jdm b18c obd2 into my 97 integra ls obd2, i got the complete swap from hmotorsonline.com
my ls motor had blown, long story short....turbo..etc

I asked him before he started if he knew how to do the swap, I was concerned about the wiring because the ls didn't have all the wires for vtec, iab,knock etc....

Now he wants me to buy a whole new gsr engine harness because he said since the motor is lhd he couldn't wire it up, is he correct? and he said after that its all plug in play, i told him about the vtec wires and what not and he shrugged me off.

What do you think?
Should I just stop it here and tow the car home and attempt the wiring myself? the motor is all bolted in and the only thing left is wiring. I've looked around and could not find much detailed information on the wiring and how to do it, if anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it.
and btw, this is my first time dealing with a swap, i would have attempted it myself but i am rushed because i need this car finished asap.

if the harness from your swap has all the wiring you'll have to either wire it up from the sensors directly or extend the wires from the engine harness plug all the way over to the left side. It would be easier just to use a subharness with all the plugs ready to plug and play.

yeah i would just use your ls harness and wire the vtec and knock sensor wires. you may have to extend some of the wires to fit the sensor, but it is very strait forward. if you are already having him do it tell him what to do and have him do it unless you are pretty motitvated and know what you are doing.

Back