JDM GS-R LONGBLOCK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kaj750

full '94 JDM B18C longblock complete ***SMOG LEGAL***
this thing only has 50k miles on it. i bought it to build up, but have made other plans. my loss is your gain. engine has not been used since being pulled out of JDM GS-R.

***$1800 o.b.o.

any questions: kaj750@yahoo.com

i live in Fresno, CA but the motor is currently at an engine builder's garage in SoCal (Torrance area). you can pick it up from either place. please email me with any questions.

The year should be stamped on the head above the EM, to the leftish in a circle with a series of other numbers, that is important info when selling a motor.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 14 2003, 04:22 AM
The year should be stamped on the head above the EM, to the leftish in a circle with a series of other numbers, that is important info when selling a motor.

i'll check it out. i bought the motor and had it sent out right away to be built. i was putting it in a '94, so i honestly didn't bother to check, as i knew it would work in my car. thanks for the info.

Originally posted by chingro+Sep 27 2003, 12:39 PM-->
@Sep 23 2003, 03:59 PM
motor is '94

u expect us to buy a 94 longbock for 1800?......

that would be correct. unless you have a better idea. can you find a low mileage GS-R block in perfect condition for less? if so, point them out to me 'cause i'll stock up on 'em.

it's also an "o.b.o." price.

1800 could build me a faster LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC
with new rods and pistons.
-500 for block
-600 for complete head
-250 for high compression piston set with pins and rings
-about 50-60 bucks for the machin shop to swap the rods over to the new pistons.

right there i already have a faster engine.......and i dont even have to rev pass 8200rpm

while would i put that on a stock GSR?

I'll give you 1400 for it....Pm me with your number because I'll be in that area in like 2 weeks and I can pick it up.....thanx

Originally posted by chingro@Sep 27 2003, 02:41 PM
1800 could build me a faster LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC
with new rods and pistons.
-500 for block
-600 for complete head
-250 for high compression piston set with pins and rings
-about 50-60 bucks for the machin shop to swap the rods over to the new pistons.

right there i already have a faster engine.......and i dont even have to rev pass 8200rpm

while would i put that on a stock GSR?

well, that's great for you. some of us like dealing with GS-R motors 'cause of the internal workings (oil squirters, etc). also, some people that have GS-Rs with blown motors may like to stick with a GS-R. the stock LS bottom end has a bad r/s ratio and thus works too hard with the vtec head and can't rev too high.
where do you find a decent set of pistons for $250? hook me up 'cause i'd seriously be all over that. also, using your prices for head/block, here's what i came up with:
$600 head (your price)
$500 block (your price)
$490 pistons (JE)
$340 rods (golden eagle)
$125 ARP head studs (use unless you're crazy)
$80 labor to ONLY switch pistons over to rods.
$100 balancing
$250 to line bore (if neccessary, we won't include this in our total)
$100 gsr waterpump
$100 gsr oilpump
$80 gsr timming belt.

this totals $2515 in my book, not including the line bore, plus labor and misc. costs of putting the motor together (various sensors, nuts, bolts, etc.). there are so many other factors that go into building a fully built LS/VTEC.. one big one is fitment issues.
if you're willing to go through all this for an LS/VTEC motor, fine. i'd rather buy a nice, reliable 180 h.p. GS-R motor.

tell you what: this is my thread for selling my motor. i appreciate your attempt to flame. if you don't like it why don't you go and start a different thread. thanks for your time.

where do you find a decent set of pistons for $250? hook me up 'cause i'd seriously be all over that. also, using your prices for head/blo

i have a set...so send my 250 and i send you mines....check the classifieds...

Originally posted by chingro@Sep 29 2003, 09:01 PM
where do you find a decent set of pistons for $250? hook me up 'cause i'd seriously be all over that. also, using your prices for head/blo

i have a set...so send my 250 and i send you mines....check the classifieds...

brand? bore? new?
lemme know. i'm building a b-16 and am looking for parts. gracias!

*edit* i found your post.. but i'd be CRAZY to run 11.1 c/r pistons on a turbo car!! if i were all motor i'd like to have 'em. damn. just my luck :(

Back