1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm h22a 95 in accord 94

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by xela_127, Aug 17, 2005.

1. tab

tab Super Moderator

I'm using accord axles, with no problems. In fact, I've used axles from both LX and EX, which both have different part numbers. WHY? Because the EX has ABS, which requires markings on the outside of the spline end. It just goes to show that slight differences do make a different part number, but that doesn't mean you need to go buy a new set of axles.

Do whatever works man, but try to use what you have first, then go buy parts.

2. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

sorry dohcvtec accord i got a lil carried away....anyway i was talkin to some guys today and they said that there were like 4 diff combnations of jdm tranny's all same strenth and gears but the half shafts were different....didnt know that....thats probably why all of us have used diff combonations.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Not a problem, glad we got this cleared up.

tab needs a Superman symbol for an avatar. :D

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

:D

:headsmash:

5. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

one thing i remember on this is that i ended up using an accord axle on the driver side, but i swapped the prelude inner cv to it so it would fit the intermediate shaft. as far as the prelude axles go, they are longer than the accord axles and cause binding issues if used. im positive of this on the 90-93 accords, but not 100% on 94- up.

6. JCM

JCM New Member

Was really looking for help here. My little brother has a 94 Accord with a JDM H22A swap with matching trans. I replaced the passenger side CV shaft as well as the output shaft seal. I drove the car and noticed a lot of trans fluid leaked from the seal. I believe it was an Accord CV axle that I used. Should it have been the Prelude CV shaft ?? It did seem like the CV shaft was a little to short. Had play in it. I noticed someone said the prelude shaft is also longer. Is it possible that the shorter shaft is not letting the seal , seal properly ??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted