JDM pass California smog??? Charcoal Canister

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you have a 92-95 Civic...you need a B16A3 for a BAR sticker. The B16A2 is different but I cannot say its not okay. But if you really want it BAR'd....you need a B16A3. I picked mine up for $50 but you will need to do some searching. Simply stated, it is NOT legal to BAR a JDM motor that wasn't offered in your chassis. And the B16 was not offered in your car. Although the USDM B16A3 can be put in your car. If you want it BAR'd....you need to make it look like a USDM motor...and call it 95 Del Sol VTEC when you go. Thats your only option. And that's hoping he doesn't know its suppose to say B16A3 on the block rather then the B16A that yours says now.

i am using a jdm b16 in my integra and trying to pass smog legit way because i do not want to deal with illegal smog every year. do u think its possible to pass a jdm b16 smog

ok i installed my usdm intake manifold, there was a sensor wire from the motor and there is no where to plug into the intake manifold. and my car bog iono why

25s0sg8.jpg

usdm doesnt have the hole and theres a sensor thingy on top to connect to

219v4p0.jpg

it has the hole, since i installed the new usdm intake manifold, where i connect the wire to now?

whats the one on the top of the usdm and whats that one on that jdm intake manifold, what i do with the sensor from the engine since usdm intake manifold doesnt have that hole.

315n29x.jpg

iono where to connect this

35jgql4.jpg

map sensor on top of the throttle body but where i connect that?

2i8u91c.jpg

my intake manifold, the sensor on top of them anifold iono where i connect that to..

ek0qy1.jpg

the back

i need help!!

Last edited:
sorry to inform you, but thats a b16a2 manifold

see that extra valve/nipple coming off the top of the manifold.. that shouldnt be there

Yeah...it is a OBD2 IM. When I bought mine...the guy had one of each and he didn't know which was which. I just went by my JDM one and called it good.

jdm intake manifold can still pass smog right? hmm cant i use b16a2 intake manifold?

You NEED an evap purge solenoid...its a visual check for sure when smogging a car in CA. This isn't the best picture but if you look in the back right of the IM....you can see my evap purge on the B16A3 IM
100_1070.jpg

what he said.. its the nipple on the backside of the manifold, opposite end of the throttle body.. on the JDM manifold you can see a flat spot where its supposed to be at.. i've heard of people tapping that spot and placing a nipple because they couldnt find the b16a3 manifold

It can work by tapping a nipple in but you pretty much have to take the manifold off....tap it...clean out the shavings and then you can hook up the evap purge. You can then tap the ear on the IM to accept the mounting screw on the evap purge solenoid. Make it look clean and no one will no the difference.

I got an Evap Purge at a recycler for $15

Last edited:
Back