July Meet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im sittin my ass on the couch, watching LOTR... :) Sorry... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 10 2004, 03:01 PM
im sittin my ass on the couch, watching LOTR... :) Sorry... :)

:roll: I guess a repeat of a movie is more important than helping out a kid get his car running..... <_<

Day two....of the swap

Well, a buddy of mine told me that this KA-KA swap would be a simple cake walk....

it's not.

we had problem's all day yesterday...but we finally got the old blown out motor out...and I mean blown out motor......the rod has left the block kind of blow out......

The connectiong rod decided it didn't want to stay inside the engine anymore... :p

The rod has left the block :p

Anyways, it's to the point that we need to lower the fresh engine, with the fresh clutch into the engine bay, and bolt up the trany to it, and bolt the car to the frame...then reconnect everything.

More food is on the way...and all the help would be very welcome.

hey guys, just got home...

how are you all making out?? ill post pics before the night is over.

The ka-ka swap seems like a bitch. I was watching some friends do this swap this past weekend, well when I wasnt out in a friends rx7 getting it too shoot flames out the exhaust. How many hours do you think it took you to do this?

It was a 240 KA!??!?! Shit! I should have helped! I'm REALLY good at that swap! I thought it was an RSX with a blown motor! Shit! We had Riot's KA out and his SR20 in, in about 8 hours, and that included the mounts not lining up... :)

Sorry guys...

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 11 2004, 09:11 PM
It was a 240 KA!??!?! Shit! I should have helped! I'm REALLY good at that swap! I thought it was an RSX with a blown motor! Shit! We had Riot's KA out and his SR20 in, in about 8 hours, and that included the mounts not lining up... :)

Sorry guys...

you are the biggest RETARD ever.

reading is FUNdamental.

ka swizzap
is the subtitle you moron.

not yet.... :(

Still have the exhaust to install and connect, the driveshaft to connect, the trany to bolt up and sevice, the shifter need to be installed, a few more connections here and there, the oil filter needs to go on, the rad needs to be installed, a few more items to tighten down, and then fill with the proper fluids...and cross our fingers :ph34r:

It should be done tommorrow :)

well...Someone stepped on the clutch pedal when the slave cylinder was disconnected, so the piston on the slave popped out, as I was just going to open the bleeder and push the piston back in, the bleeder broke off, due to rust....so I'm either going to try to get the remaines of the bleeder out tommorrow, or Dan will just get a new slave cylinder.....

All thats basically left is one bolt on the cat, one more time going around all hoses and connections, fill the tranny, and slap the shifter back on. Then it should be ready to crank and watch for leaks...and hope the motor he got runs decently...if it runs then he'll have a decent car for quite a while...nothing like a fresher engine, new O2 sensor, A/F guage, New clutch, and fresh fluids all the way around.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jul 13 2004, 02:27 AM
well...Someone stepped on the clutch pedal when the slave cylinder was disconnected, so the piston on the slave popped out

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Back