just got my '92 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theb17guy

civic si killer for a fraction the price! its already got 17s, cold air, 2.5" piping, cd, tint, sr...ebay kicks ass! actually i won it for $2650, but the bitch wouldnt let it go unless i gave her $3100, but still its a bargain. its running sooooo rich is the only problem, but i should be able to get that solved when i get some free time. should i build up the b17, do lsvtec, or what? what is cheap that i can get into the 14's with besides the obvious gutting, and smaller tires? peace

They do have a good amount of aftermarket support for that engine so I would just build it if I were you. Plus it is kind of rare so you will be working with something that most people don't have.

Peace*

im pretty computer illiterate...im doing good just to be here. ill get my friends digital camera when i see him next.

my friend had one yrs ago and hit 14.9 with just intake and a muffler. sell the wheels and get 15's or 16's and do intake, header, exhaust, and some stage 1 skunk2 cams or ctr cams. some type of ecu program too, chip or hondata.

Originally posted by theb17guy@Aug 27 2003, 01:45 PM
im pretty computer illiterate...im doing good just to be here. ill get my friends digital camera when i see him next.

cool.
good luck on tuning that B17.

Latez.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Aug 27 2003, 04:51 PM
my friend had one yrs ago and hit 14.9 with just intake and a muffler. sell the wheels and get 15's and do intake, header, exhaust, and some stage 1 skunk2 cams or ctr cams. some type of ecu program too, chip or hondata.

cold air and 2.5" piping is already on it, but thanks for the other ideas. what do you think is the best chip manufacturer?

well hondata is the best but a cheaper route is like a mugen or spoon programed chip, you can get your stock ecu reprogrammed. just make sure if you get it chipped you dont go past the stock rev limiter unless you upgrade the valve train ex, valves, retainers, valve springs.

port and polish the head too, ofcourse all of my suggestions are expensive so if i were you, decide if you want all motor or turbo.

1. lower it if it isnt already, springs or coilovers and new shocks
2. sell the 17's get 15's like rotas or nicer
3. get a header like dc sports or better
4. cams skunk2 or ctr and cam gears for tuning
5 skunk2 intake manifold
6. get the chip or hondata

just some suggestions

i thought the GSR was more suited for NA applications based on the stock block....and i'll save everyone the trouble
:wtf: :ufucktard: :bs: :newbie:

Originally posted by silver@Aug 27 2003, 06:23 PM
i thought the GSR was more suited for NA applications based on the stock block....and i'll save everyone the trouble
:wtf:  :ufucktard:  :bs:  :newbie:

who the fuck and what the fuck are you talking about

gsr is suited fine for boost because of its odd low compression of under 10, i think it is 9:7 the b18c has 10 and is still a great canidate for boosting

the infamous blacksheep 1.7.....good find...

good luck,

Milan

Back