Just like battle pope...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why didn't you make that the post? I want something cheaper so I can modify it? From the get go you got around how you had this car and it costs you an arm and a leg.

He wasn't saying that you should work at taco bell, but even there, without a ged, you still make more money than you do. It was an example.....

From what I can tell, you tend to jump on people's backs when they make suggestions about your situations, because they don't know, or aren't completely in your shoes. Maybe you should rethink posting personal stuff because from what I can tell, you dn't want to take the personal criticism.

Go find a rich old woman. Marry her. Make her death look accidental. Done.

Why didn't you make that the post? I want something cheaper so I can modify it? From the get go you got around how you had this car and it costs you an arm and a leg.

He wasn't saying that you should work at taco bell, but even there, without a ged, you still make more money than you do. It was an example.....

From what I can tell, you tend to jump on people's backs when they make suggestions about your situations, because they don't know, or aren't completely in your shoes. Maybe you should rethink posting personal stuff because from what I can tell, you dn't want to take the personal criticism.

Uh... no... I jump on Jeffie because he does the same thing all the time. His life revolves around status. So by him making the comparison of how much I make compared to what a Taco Bell manager makes, is a little bit personally insulting considering all of the bragging he does about his overpriced apartment and having to own two impeccibly clean cars, then posts pictures of his girl while bragging about her... blah blah. Perhaps I'm the only one that doesn't care about him or his "awesome" life. I dunno.

I never asked for him, or anyone, to tell me to leave a family business for more money. That wasn't the point of the thread, I never said I was hurting financially, in fact I said I was doing fine several times, but I'm just tired of this car. The point of wanting a cheaper car is so I can have more play money at the end of the month to actually afford modifying it.

The point of this thread was how much do you think I could get out of the car - not 'hey some loser without even a GED makes more money than you'. What's next, he's going to tell me how much the price of peas are in Japan?

Did any of you bother to read that I plan on college for a 50k a year career? No...?

Look back at Jeffie's posts through this thread, none of them really had anything to do with the topic on hand.

I personally don't care about what jeffie has or doesn't have. It has absolutely no bearing on my life. I'm convinced the only reason he constantly talks about it is so people will envy him and that probably makes him feel special. That's fine, I just won't buy into it. I do, however, think it's funny that most people that do this come from the northeast/east coast or southern california.

I know what you're up against, James, and if it works out for you that's great. Personally, I don't see the value in having a 99-00 Si. The new ones are pretty nice, because they come with a lot for the money. I'd have gotten one, but my payments would have been close to 450/month. I don't need that shit for a Honda Civic. But that's another topic.

Honestly I think the problem you're going to run into is finding a nice hatch that isn't Red. I seriously think that at least 50% of all '96-00 hatches are red.

You know what? I've noticed that too... I see a lot of white and teal 92-95s, but most of the 96-00 are red.

I guess I'll have to make do with it.

put it up for 10, if someone offers you 9, take it. still come out ahead, but you gotta start high, dont put it up for 500 above what you owe, everyone is trying to knock off a few hundred.

why not a 96-98 hatch?

Call me crazy, but the updates honda did for 99-00 make them look nicer than 96-98s.

I agree. The front end is just a bit classier, and I like the tail lights better. Better by the year you want, then swap out parts to get the year you want.

Rachelle gets posted because people always ask for pics. you can't say that's not true, this forum is 90% made up of leghumpers =)

Other then the new car thread "TL" and the asshole hit my car thread I can't think of any times I posted the TL pics.

the Z no doubt I post. I love the car and being a car nut I, like most people, do enjoy showing it off when I get nice pictures of it.

it's your choice to click on the thread even more so when it's in the forum for posting shit like videos/picture.

Do what I would do (SI talk) no matter what anyone on here says your car is worth. it wont matter. what matters is what the market value of your car is in YOUR area. go to cars.com and look up the year civic you have within 50 miles of your zipcode. AVG out all the prices with the miles that the car has. then come up with a number for what it's worth.

haha I don't click on your stuff anymore. Well, except threads about cooking.

Uh... no... I jump on Jeffie because he does the same thing all the time. His life revolves around status. So by him making the comparison of how much I make compared to what a Taco Bell manager makes, is a little bit personally insulting considering all of the bragging he does about his overpriced apartment and having to own two impeccibly clean cars, then posts pictures of his girl while bragging about her... blah blah. Perhaps I'm the only one that doesn't care about him or his "awesome" life. I dunno.

Not to be a dick but... Because you can't afford a $250.00 car payment working as a digital telephone technician. putting two and two together tells me something is wrong with what you make.
Note the not to be a dick part...

For once I really wasnt trying to bash on you about what you make VS taco bell guy. The point was with your job title and what you do, you should be making tons more. the fact that a low end job like taco bell can pull in more cash says you should look around for something else in your field that makes even more.

Not trying to say get a job at taco bell, just look around at what other options you have with your line of work. Check some job listings of some DC/NVA listings. I bet a digital telephone technician in that area starts out in the 50-60K range.

And again, Im not trying to bust your balls, at least not this post.

I don't work there for massive amounts of cash. I made more delivering pizzas, believe it or not.

Even with our main phone system we sell being able to pretty much sell itself, the company isn't rich by any means. I work there because my last name is on the title of the company. I make enough money, I can afford the car.

It's all good, but after all that I've put up in this thread and then your posts coming in it doesn't sound like you read a whole lot of it before making your suggestions and telling me of options I already know about.

If I went to work for our competing company, Allstar communications, I could easily be making 40k a year after a year. But the problem is the impersonal attention they give their customers and the large work force they employ. I'd rather make what I make for my dad. Help my company be a multi generational company. We're 12 years into it so far... I want to help keep it going.

I think I found a good project car.

Honda-Tech.com: FS:99 white ek w/ jdm sohc (PA)

It's not in pristine shape, but it's a 99 white 5 speed with barely a thing done to it.

How hard is it to fix a radiator support? I don't want the HX rims, 4500 a fair price?

Tell me your thoughts.

Philadelphia is only about a 12 hour drive or so from here.

if it was SLIGHTLY hit in the rear, then why does the spare tire well have damage?

offer him 4. how much can you sell a d15 for, 300?

4500 for a car that has body damage, non-original paint, and a less-than-perfect interior? That car's interior isn't ragged out...but it looks a bit worn.

I'd say 3k, 3700 at most.

missed the paint part. buy that interior is worked. skip it. plus, its 12 hours away.

The rad support is pretty easy. Just drill out the spot weld holding it in place then bend it to where you want it and spot weld it again. Or just use a come along.

But the spare tire well.....don't know about that. Never seen a car with a dented one.

I just noticed it has manual windows. Were power windows/locks options on the hatches?

... the search continues ...

Back