K24 into '99 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you have too much money to throw at your civic lol. thats easily a 8k swap, unless you got hooked up on prices, and ifyou did.. :thumbsup:

have you seen how much ground clearance your k24 oil pan is going to have? It makes me shiver. Ive read on K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum (im sure youve been there), that there are way better choices out there than the below average dc sports header, just fyi.

one other thing, how much work was it to get that s2000 wheel in there?

nice car mang!!

LOL, lets just say im glad i know people, i been very lucky and gettin a lot of parts very cheap.
the ground clearance, i dont know excatly how close its gonna be to the ground, but i know its gonna be real close to it.
yeah i been on k20a.org here is a link to my thread overthere K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum
the s2k steering wheel is a direct bolt on, nothing to it.
and thanks for the propz.

thanks everyone for the good comments.

Here is an UPDATE

here is a pic of my EKK1 hasport mounts
(can you tell i resized it to much)
09e31b7b.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

here is a pic of the axles.
IMAG0038.jpg

also im in the process of getting my tranny. will update as soon as something pops.

good god....you could have turbod the b16 for less and be making twice the power.

none the less, that is gonna be a REALLY cool swap.

good god....you could have turbod the b16 for less and be making twice the power.

none the less, that is gonna be a REALLY cool swap.

yeah, well think about. K24a2 with the basic bolt-ons required for the swap, gives you anywhere from 230-245 whp, obiously that basicly a stock motor which makes it very reliable. B16 turbo means to do it right you need sleeves, pistons, rods, blah, blah bah blah, blah, etc. which makes the motor on the very if not fully build which also mean not very good realiability.

also think about it whats the max hp you've seen in a b16?
with the stock k24a2 ill have lots of torque in an N/A motor, and the power to put down many people out there.
i cant asure you that ill be able to beat a turbo b16 because it depends on the #s that the b16 is putting down, and the ones ill be putting down, because im not stayin stock.but i think is safe to say that i will be able to put down a few of them, like i said depending on the numbers.

chino

UPDATE

just got my RSX-S aluminium oil pan for my K24.
check back, will post pics later tonite.

Honestly, right now im in the stage of figuring out what to do, the K is a high ranking option.. k swap my ej, k swap an eg hatch, b18c my ej, b18c eg hatch, i dunno yet.... the fact that the motors are practically brand new and make great power with oem reliablity...(the k's) it just makes it that much more appealing. But my car (ej) has its issues... i dunno if sinking 9 grand into a car that has its fair share of quirks is worth it. lol i dont even want to start the list.... hence the eg idea (but then i own two cars and i dont know if i want to..)

or fuck it and just buy a used rsx or prelude..

yep, the truth is the swap is expensive, but very rewarding too. it is expensive, but it can be done, i been at it for about a year now, and im almost done getting all my parts, and should be starting to drop the motor sometime in late october or november, i cant wait.
one thing is for sure, dont start buying parts if you are not a 100% sure about the swap, i had a friend that wasnt sure about it, and ended up selling everything about half way, and didnt get all of the money back cause he had to sell most of the parts cheaper than what he got them for.

later

chino

nice..

300hp NA is nice specialy from a 4banger.... and its doable with a k.... what are your long term plans? FI? NA?

awesome man!! you should (if you can) do a write up with pics, thatd be killer!!

what stage clucth you goin with, and what axles you using?

nice..

300hp NA is nice specialy from a 4banger.... and its doable with a k.... what are your long term plans? FI? NA?

i plan on NA, in the future i plan to stroke the motor with the new Brian Crower K24 stroker kit. and building the head.

For now i just want some mild hp, you know something like DC5 R cams, etc, etc.

awesome man!! you should (if you can) do a write up with pics, thatd be killer!!

what stage clucth you goin with, and what axles you using?

are you talking about a write up about the swap? i guess that wouldnt be too hard.

Im gonna be using an Excedy stage 1 setup, as far as axles i have the Hasports ones, until whenever i do the jdm itr 5-lug convertion when ill be able to use rsx stock axles.

Good luck with the sswap dude

i have a buddy that want to put in a k series in a similar civic and wants to know if he should be worried about putting a turbo on that motor with that high compression?

and is it bolt on or should a shop do it? thanks and again good luck

i like the headlights !!!!!

Back