KKK K24 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

I've just been offered a brand new, never used, KKK/Blitz K24 turbo with external wastegate. I was wondering if anyone had any specs on this turbo? I know it was originally for a Porshe...but thats about it.

Would this be a good turbo to go with for my stock SiRII? I don't really have much of a power goal to speak of.....something over the 200WHP area is cool with me. Keep in mind if you guys say it's not a good one, I'm not buying anything else..... it was just an offer from a really cool guy I've known for a while....he's got a bunch of new and used Porshe turbos laying around from his 82 911 (which is now pushing over 800WHP on 22lbs boost, dual ITB's, Motech standalone and billet everything...the car used to be owned by Geddy Lee of Rush, and is the only one of its kind in Canada).....I'm trailing off here......

So ya.....K24 good or Ok......?

Also, since I'm not crazy educated on FI (I know a little), other than an intercooler, blow off valve, piping, manafold, and some kind of management, anything else needed?

Thanks for any input.

ive looked at those maps and read about them but still have no idea how to read them lol.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 8 2005, 11:41 PM
http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/maps/k24-70gga.jpg

There's a map if you can make any sense of it... assuming your K24 is the same spec as the K24 this chart is for.
[post=496786]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude....that looks like one of those 3D pictures that you have to stare at for a long time to see the pic. I thought I saw a sailboat.

But seriously, thanks for the info, I just can't make sence of that, I've never been taught how to read one.

kkk turbos are weird. you're going to ave a bitch of a time finding a manifold and downpipe that will work with it.

as for that link to the compressor map... i can't read a word of german, so i have no idea what the incrementation is in.... but it looks to be about the same as a t3 super 60 in terms of surge and efficiency range

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 9 2005, 11:12 AM
kkk turbos are weird. you're going to ave a bitch of a time finding a manifold and downpipe that will work with it.

as for that link to the compressor map... i can't read a word of german, so i have no idea what the incrementation is in.... but it looks to be about the same as a t3 super 60 in terms of surge and efficiency range
[post=496957]Quoted post[/post]​

So in other words, small and awkward.... I had a thought of this turbo not being able to rev much past 7K and make anything because of its size. He also has a K27 laying around as well.....I'll check both of them out.

Why would a manifold and downpipe be a bitch to find B? Is the K24 an awkward size turbo?

And last Q.... power wise...you compared it to a T3 super 60...... I'm not farmiliar with this one....... How do you think it would do on my SiRII?

I just wanna see first if this unit is a good match for my engine...then I'll start searching for a manifold and stuff...and if I cant find one, then oh well.

The T3 60 trim would be a nice turbo for that engine, dunno about the kkk though.

Your going to need to make a manifold or modify one.

They do not have a standard t3 flange which most manifolds come with. So your going to have to get lets say a full race style manifold and cut off the flange and weld a flange that fits the KKK.

DP shouldn't be too difficult since its only 2 90* bends and a couple flanges. It's going to have to be custom also.

t3 Super 60 would make some decent power, if its anything like one you have a decent but hard to work with turbo.

:werd: thats what i meant... the flanges are non-standard. i've yet to see one "B-series turbo manifold flanged for KKK" on the market. KKK's are usually used by vw's and audis...

IMO, if you got the cash, get the garrett gt28RS disco potato.
banging turbo for a stock b16.
but its 1200 bucks

I love the Disco as well, but this is one of those situations where I wasn't going FI at all, then I got offered this unit, so I figured if it worked, then maybe I'd start gathering parts...you know? I picked up the brand new K24 for $100 cdn. from one of my dads friends.

The guys over at HMT are saying the flange on the K24 is actually a T3 style flange.....I dunno.... maybe a little less fab work...

if it has a t3 style flange then its good to bolt up to any t3 style manifold..

I think you should sell it and buy a standard t3 or something more versitile

Back