L15A from Jazz/Fit in EF??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFsi

I'm thinking of what I'd put in my 90 si if it ever needs a new engine. Has anyone seen an L15A from a Fit put in there? I want better mileage and don't want to give up power. I see it's about the same output, around 110hp. But it get's 33/38 while the old EF only gets 28/32. I usually average 30. The EF si is around 2200lbs and the Fit is more like 2500. And the fit is much taller, so I'd guess it has more drag.

Any chance I'd see 36/42 with the same power?

not worth it - you want some power and efficiency stay where you are - look @ basic mods - with what you would spend on the motor and getting swap and harnesses and everything changed would never be worth it - EVER honestly

I was actually thinking of this myself. I guess the biggest issue is that you can use the D16Y5 from the '96-'00 Civic HX and get better power and torque numbers. This engine is rated up to 43mpg. Or, you can swap the D15Z1 from the 1992-1995 Civic VX and stay right where you're at and get upwards of 60+mpg. Check out www.crxmpg.com if you don't believe me.

In all, the swap to the L15 would be too expensive. It would be nice to have a way newer engine, but still too expensive.

A year later, I think they gave up on it...

Check the date on the threads before you post.

Back