length of 99-00 front end?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 96 DX coupe. i notice everyone does 99-00 front end conversions on the 96-98. how much longer is the 99-00 front end over the 96-98? i want to do one myself, i know it bolts on. but how about the radiator support everyone is talkin about? some people say that doesnt matter, and other people say you need to cut the grill? oh yea, while im here......the DX doesnt have any different exterior demensions then the LX and EX does it? whenever i look at cat backs, they always have it for the EX. i thought the DX didn't have the luxury features like the LX, and the LX didn't have sunroof and vtec like the EX.

I dunno about the front end conversion, but I do know that an EX exhaust will bolt in... Provided you purchase an EX catylitic convertor (about $100 from Toucan) this will yield you with two cats unless you get a header (i'm in the process of finding out whether or not a EX header will fit onto a LX or DX)

I've got a 98 LX with a replacment ex cat from toucan and a dcsports exhaust it fit great

****note****
if you do install an exhaust for an ex on an lx or dx. the EX's have an additional exhaust hanger by the resonator (the new exhaust will have two hangers that go to opposites sides of the exhaust) the LX's and DX's only have one. I had my exhaust break near this hanger. I have since replaced the pipe and I added a piece of metal to support the resonator and haven't had any problems since.

I probably make it sound very complex but it is very easy. I would be happy to send pics of the install if anyone needs them

Yes the 99-00 front end does fit with a lil custom fitting...since you have a 96 coupe you will need the the front end from a 99-00 Civic Coupe or a 99-00 Civic Hatchback because the 4dr sedan's fenders are too short.

Back