Lingenfelter + Z06 just owns anything

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aw damn and it's yellow, my favorite on a vette! That's just way too sexy...:drool:

See and I like yellow on like Jeeps and Audi S4's but it doesn't hit me as much on the Vette for some reason

so is the SSC Ultimate Aero still the top speed dog

Can anyone cite anything that smashed the Callaway Sledgehammer records ? The sledgehammer wasn't an easy car to build.

My tire speech was stemmed from the engineering necessary to do the Veyron. Granted, a much heavier car that changes dynamics with speed benchmarks, but still. A tire moving at that speed isn't an everyday thing.

Also, it would appear that Lingenfelter has simply caught up with the Vector W8 / W12.
Uhmm John Lingenfelter designed that engine amigo, he's also the one that drove it 254.7MPH

I like the Lingenfelter Z06's, but the body work on the Lingenfelter ZR1 concept is flat out ugly.

300mph.... yknow..... I would venture a guess to say that 300 mph is going to be the next super car record to be held...... I would also say that 300 mph is not that far out of reach by current standards.

That being said...... 1600hp will get you there in a C5

300mph.... yknow..... I would venture a guess to say that 300 mph is going to be the next super car record to be held...... I would also say that 300 mph is not that far out of reach by current standards.

That being said...... 1600hp will get you there in a C5

that Liggy Z06 is close to 1600 on race gas and 28psi

A local C5 with a stock cube LS1 bumped 1100 with 17lbs on E85 out of a small 91mm.... thats a couple of hicks building a sub 9 second street car...... I would hope a full race shop like LPE could manage the other 500 on full race gas.

A local C5 with a stock cube LS1 bumped 1100 with 17lbs on E85 out of a small 91mm.... thats a couple of hicks building a sub 9 second street car...... I would hope a full race shop like LPE could manage the other 500 on full race gas.

What?! That would be a record setting LS1. Hell thats a record for the whole LSx platform. There are twin turbo Warhawk powered cars not makin that much power. And those have an 81 cubic inch advantage, minimum.

could luck keeping a 300mph car on the roads. that would take a TON of engineering to do. backyard hicks can't do that.

could luck keeping a 300mph car on the roads. that would take a TON of engineering to do. backyard hicks can't do that.
All you need is downforce which most performance cars are engineered to apply a slight amount up to a certain speed.

Also.... Chris just bought a little bit bigger turbo....... It's going to be fun to watch.

true, but that same amount of downforce will inhibit the ability to reach top speeds.

we'll see what happens. maybe in 15 years or so.

wow.

in the video, the car looks liek its taking flight.
lol

edit: in the video of the original post.

Last edited:
Based on horsepower and drag of the vehicle. calculated top speed of roughly 300 MPH!

Hahahahahaha.

Real World > Textbook physics

And, to add to Cel's tire speech:
Tire speed ratings are very funny things. They're rated for SUSTAINED speed, now I'm not saying that a tire that is rated to 250km/h will go 400km/h, but keep in mind those speeds include braking. Nothing sucks more than going over 150mph and having your tires lose grip on the decel.

Yes, it's true that tire engineering has appeared to lag behind automobile engineering, but it's only an appearance. At speeds that high a lot more things come into play than just rubber compound. The automobile manufacturers have allowed this to be their "sanity check" so to speak. Also, there are things such as the gentleman's agreement to keep cars below 200mph.

Ever wonder why they prep the surfaces of F1 tracks? Gee. Makes sense now, doesn't it.

wasen't there a vid of an RX7 going like 240 or something like that and losing down force and winding up on its roof??? lol, perfect example of downforce haha

Back