Looked at a GTI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
Me and a friend of mine went to go look at some cars. We started out by looking at some RSX Type S's. But we just went down Auto Row here in Spokane and found a pretty nice Golf GTI. It was pretty damn quick and really clean. Just makes me wana buy a new car :( But sadly I am jobless and poor. A neat fact I found out is that dealerships arnt allowed to negotiate the prices on Scion's. The dealer my buddy was talkin to only made 50 bucks off of a Tc deal. I was pretty impressed. Ive been looking at the Tc's quit a bit latly I like that fact of factory installed Turbo's that are under warrenty. Any ways just thought id share my day.

Isn't the Tc supercharged?? Anyhoots, I used to live in Pullman, which is like 1.5 hours south of Spokane. I wish I could buy a new car too, but I"m in college :(

Yeah same here. ITT fo sho cracka. The dealer said you could get them Turboed too. But last i heard yeah it was SC only. I dono maybe in a year and a half i can look alot more seriously. That GTI was pretty quick though I liked it. Im gonna try and find some sites and show them to my buddy. If any of you guys tune VW's and have some good info id love to see it.

Originally posted by Drake@Feb 25 2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah same here. ITT fo sho cracka. The dealer said you could get them Turboed too. But last i heard yeah it was SC only. I dono maybe in a year and a half i can look alot more seriously. That GTI was pretty quick though I liked it. Im gonna try and find some sites and show them to my buddy. If any of you guys tune VW's and have some good info id love to see it.
[post=466379]Quoted post[/post]​

VWVortex.com

The tc is supercharged, if you want it supercharged, but they do not know when the sc will be available. Turbo....not under warranty.
The gti while, nice is still an unreliable v-dub. My brother is loyal to them and I've seen all the work he does to keep them running. If any of you read eurotuner look on page 54 of the march issue.They feature a 353 whp gti with 328 lbs. of torque that handles well suposedly, but runs a 13.7 q/t mile time. 1/4 mile times really don't matter that much but 13.7 secs? That's quick , but not fast or the amount of work the car has done.

They're quite portly at around 2800 w/ archaic suspension design.
... but then again the driver could've sucked or a bunch of other issues, i'll just believe that to be an isolated case.

that must be the shittiest driver in the world or he was riding on greased plastic wheels or something. People with the APR chip, intake, DV, NGK7 valve, and turboback exhaust are running high 13s

Thanks for all your input guys. Ill let my buddy know but he isnt looking to modify it one bit he just wants somthing to drive for the next few years. I bring up the reliability thing but he really likes the car. He has a 99 Montey right now that looks like it might take a nose dive soon. Agian thanks for the input guys.

i didn't know the tC even could BE turbo. i thought you had to get it N/A or with the SC, and the SC should be out mid april (after they pushed it back from november)

only reason i know is cuz i know someone who works at gilroy toyota. haha

Yeah- you can turbo the tC. There are a few tuners that have gotten more than 300whp on the stock internals, and some dealers are thinking of offering the package. I guess it's something like how John Eagle Honda down here in Houston will swap your engine and supercharge it, then still give you a warranty on the work.

there are some reliability issues w/ small things inside the car but mechanically i havent had any real problems since ive had it (aug of 03) except a faulty MAF sensor. Personally, i wouldnt drive anything else in the same class that i can think of off the top of my head.

Back