looking for a good z6 build thread for FI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

o0jash0o

Keep it Simple
having a lil trouble finding a start to finish thread on a buil z6 turbo

ive dne variouse searches to either find no results or threads that never really got anywhere. maybe im wording my search badly.

anyone know of a good thread

You could talk to the member "Blanco" on here, he knows alot about turbo'd D16Z6s because he owns one, I believe.

He either owns one now, or did lol.

The build depends on how much power you want to make. All in all, it's pretty straight forward.

300 max would be saticified with 250whp, with your basics rod pistons head work etc. however i was hoping to find a previously finished thread so i could anticipate any problems some other people might have ran into.

basicly however much i can push on a DD after rs sleeves the block talkin 80+ miles a day car mon-fri
maintain a stock visual and less than noticable blow off and wastegate....dont want anyone knowing its turbo. this is more so for my own driving pleasure than racing other people. have all the time i need to build on the engine sence the z6 is currently out the car and im driving on a vtec zc at the moment..

im not asking someone to hold me hand and pull me through this so smart ass people can take a walk im just trying to find a thread on a boost build on that poticular engine not just any d16. however i havnt found much luck on finding a completed thread or the ones i do find are less that a write up and more of just a parts list and pictures.

Get on Honda-Tech, and go to the forum "Appearance Build Threads".

Start reading there. There are tons of em.

As for 250-300whp that can be attained with stock sleeves and a good tune. Longevity will depend on how well the engine was assembled, broken in, and tuned. The tune being the most important part of the build.

You better not have just called me a smartass for the serious reply I gave you. :huh:

quote]

just sayin in general, nothin u said
ive also said f 250whp i want streight 300+ but below 400.....250 is great for someone in a ef of sorts not as great for a 98 coupe...

Last edited:
Back