Looking to buy a used car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've been looking at them for quite a while. i love them. my area just doesn't have shit for sale. i would travel for one, but they are hard to find with low miles.
We recently sold our '04 325i with 45k miles for $13k. Was a great car.

I disagree. go test drive one.

did.
my mother bought one.
we returned it bc the dealer tried to fuck us over.

never was a fan of the cars. we drove a couple models but, she was happy with anything that ran and would still have it if they didnt try to rip us off.

impressed? no. she ended up with a nissan, and is much much happier with that vs the kia.

My GF just bought a Kia Forte Sedan. Used, had 14k miles, paid about 14k for it.

The bumper to bumper warranty is 5yrs/60k
Powertrain is 10yrs/100k
She bought an extra warranty at cost (about 700 bucks ) to extend the bumper to bumper coverage to 10yrs/100k.

Nice cars. They come standard with a lot of features. My only complaint is the rear suspension is dog shit. It's a freaking torsion beam suspension. Despite this it does handle pretty decent.

My GF just bought a Kia Forte Sedan. Used, had 14k miles, paid about 14k for it.

The bumper to bumper warranty is 5yrs/60k
Powertrain is 10yrs/100k
She bought an extra warranty at cost (about 700 bucks ) to extend the bumper to bumper coverage to 10yrs/100k.

Nice cars. They come standard with a lot of features. My only complaint is the rear suspension is dog shit. It's a freaking torsion beam suspension. Despite this it does handle pretty decent.

yeah, it's "sporty" but it's not designed to be a racer by anymeans.

and for what nick is looking for, its perfect.

for something that is not designed to be a racer the Kias did well in Grand-AM last season...
two top five and six top ten finishes, leading two races, and ranking fifth in the engine manufacturer standings
and they have already scored a FIC finish this year

drove a couple more MINI's. Going to check out a Golf GTI. I'll take a look at the Kia. Squishy already has a TSX. it's decent but i havent' driven it.

I should just deplete my stock account and buy a 2008 M3 :(

That's a horrible idea. lol

but if you do get one, come pick me up :)

Not to mention it gets like 12 mpg city. heh. its the exact car you AREN'T looking for.

well, the reason i want a car with good resale is that I WILL buy one in 2 years. I'll be done with school and have a very high paying job. well, more than i'm getting paid now. Plus, i figure by then they should be down around $40k.

yeah, 40k is reasonable. hell, thats what i paid for my 04 in 06.

Back